We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunburn- time of the day to avoid the sun?

Melbourne
Level Contributor
515 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Sunburn- time of the day to avoid the sun?

Silly question but coming from Australia and having a toddler whom is white with white blond hair.

I need to know when the sun will be the strongest?

When should I keep my son inside?

I have long sleeve rashie suites for him to wear & of course hats & sunscreen.

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
23,508 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunburn- time of the day to avoid the sun?

Probably the same as in Oz - mid-day through early afternoon.

LA
Level Contributor
9,601 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunburn- time of the day to avoid the sun?

10 to 4

Port Macquarie...
Level Contributor
434 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunburn- time of the day to avoid the sun?

Youre excused Bubkitkat (coming from Melbourne haha) remember the old 11 til 2 ? So for toddlers 9 til 4. Slip slop slap baby !

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
38,875 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunburn- time of the day to avoid the sun?

Depending on the island, I would also try to find a shady beach . . . that helps a lot! :)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
284 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunburn- time of the day to avoid the sun?

Don't feel like you have to be inside somewhere all day..after all this is a vacation & u want to be out & about! Rash vest, hat & screen will be a great start.. Get a beach brolly ..you'll appreciate that as well as him. Use lunch as an excuse to go indoors for an hour or so. Of course keep him well hydrated.

I'm always amazed at how many babies n toddlers I see on the beach for hours with no shade. Last year 2 couples with an 8? Month old boy. He could sit. Not crawling. No umbrella. No Hat. Just a regular short sleeve tshirt with his nappy. They sat for a good 2 hours in the hottest part of the day! The laugh was the Adults HAD HATS On! I'm sure that poor little soul would have a bad case of sunstroke the next day!

6. Re: Sunburn- time of the day to avoid the sun?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 February 2014, 17:18