We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food allergies and disabled badge

England
Level Contributor
27 posts
5 reviews
Food allergies and disabled badge

Can anyone let me know if I can still take in special food with a doctors letter? I have son with coeliac and grandson with coeliac and dairy allergy. So much easier if I can take bread and porridge with me.

Also does anyone know how I get a USA disabled badge as I understand I can’t take my blue badges now ,,many thanks if you have any info

3 replies to this topic
Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
17,601 posts
112 reviews
1. Re: Food allergies and disabled badge

The Orlando forum has a lot of UK visitors with great info. You might want to ask your question there. I know some foods are allowed in but dont know if there is a list somewhere. The disability question was also asked pretty recently so some info may already be there to help.

England
Level Contributor
27 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: Food allergies and disabled badge

Thank you

St. Pete Beach...
Level Contributor
2,050 posts
50 reviews
3. Re: Food allergies and disabled badge

Go the the US Customs website for an accurate answer to your food/medicine concerns: help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/3619/~/travelers-bringing-food-into-the-u.s.-for-personal-use

If your disabled tag is an EU or UK tag with the "recognized" wheelchair logo, you are able to use it in Florida. www.dmv.org/fl-florida/disabled-drivers.php

Reply to: Food allergies and disabled badge
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted