We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bolt Bus CA routes

Which California hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
15,965 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Bolt Bus CA routes

I have seen these coaches all over San Jose the past few weeks and along I-5 this week to/fro Anaheim. Looks like relatively new service routes and good alternative to MegaBus and the Chinatown buses.

The Los Angeles (Union Station) to San Diego (Seaport Village) line looks like a viable option for those contemplating a full but feasible daytrip. $8 each way and they have 7am LA departure and 8pm return.

The Bay Area to SoCal route will definitely be popular.

Complete disclaimer that I have no financial ties to Bolt. Decided to research after seeing the buses and a recent thread about Greyhound.

…metro.net/2013/…

mercurynews.com/travel/ci_24339715/boltbus-l…

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,148 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bolt Bus CA routes

Interesting to see that Bolt Bus is just a division of Greyhound, which has a few different levels in California, including Crucero to Mexico, basic Greyhound, Greyhound Express and now the Bolt Bus. Looks like Bolt Bus was designed to compete with MegaBus.

To me, I prefer a Train or a Plane to a bus for longer trips. (Happy to take a bus for trips under a hour).

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
15,965 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bolt Bus CA routes

I have family members who love to travel by Mega Bus and Chinatown buses. They tell me it's cheaper and less hassle than dealing with the airports. We were talking about the Bolt buses and looked at the routes online. It's another alternative now. If they add Reno and Vegas, the Asians will follow.

Cape Town
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bolt Bus CA routes

Does anyone know where I can find a list of destinations in California for Greyhound? thanks

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,148 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bolt Bus CA routes

Well, I would check with the companies website.

https:/…default.aspx

autobusesamericanos.us/en/…Default.aspx

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,168 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bolt Bus CA routes

I don't know of a single list of Greyhound stations but you can search city-by-city if you go to this page:

https:/…

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,148 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bolt Bus CA routes

Also, Greyhound has multiple services, the basic service Greyhound/Crucero has many stops, sometimes not even a station, just a pull over in front of a gas station, diner, etc. The higher levels have less stops, and therefore provide quicker service. But Greyhound is known for serving a lot of smaller towns and locations, so you should be able to find a stop near where you want to go.

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
15,965 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bolt Bus CA routes

Tanikins - where are you hoping to travel? Greyhound may not be the best option. Bolt and Mega travel between all the major metro areas. I wouldn't do Greyhound unless I had no options. The demographics that uses Greyhound is quite different then the others.

Edited: 01 March 2014, 02:15
Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,148 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bolt Bus CA routes

I found a map that shows the routes and stops for the USA, a pdf file, and you could zoom to check out the stops in California...

http://tinyurl.com/mazfowj

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
16 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bolt Bus CA routes

Thanks, everyone. The map is great - thanks to Darkbeer. I've tried looking on the Greyhound site, but couldn't find a list. The only reason I was looking at Greyhound is because Megabus doesn't travel to most of the places I'm planning to visit. GH isn't my favourite, but I use it when all else fails. I want to go to SFO to Pacifica, San Mateo, Santa Cruz, San Jose, Monterey and back down to L.A. Megabus doesn't do all the little places.

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
15,965 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bolt Bus CA routes

You may want to start another thread, but what about local transit? You can get from SFO (you mean airport or the city) to definitely Santa Cruz on local transit and maybe even Monterey. Between Monterey and LA you may be limited.

Will you have a lot of luggage? .