We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

On the way to Las Vegas from Monument Valley

Seoul, South Korea
5 posts
1 review
On the way to Las Vegas from Monument Valley

Hello,

I'm going to travel AZ and Utah in the middle of september. It will start from Zion and for the last part of the trip, I'll visit North rim for 2 nights and then go to Monument valley for 1 night and head to Las Vegas. Between Monument valley and Las vegas, I'd like to stay 1 night in somewhere, and the current plan is to stop by South rim, but I'm a bit worried if it would be less interesting and too similar after 2nights in North rim. Could you recommend any other place I can stop by instead of South rim? or is it a good plan to go there?

Edited: 10 May 2018, 18:43
3 replies to this topic
North Carolina
Level Contributor
1,948 posts
8 reviews
1. Re: On the way to Las Vegas from Monument Valley

South Rim would be good choice as would be to stop at Horseshoe Bend and do one of the Antelope Canyon tours in Page.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
8,614 posts
86 reviews
2. Re: On the way to Las Vegas from Monument Valley

Keep your Park Pass in hand ... The 160/89/64 will have you entering the Park by the East entrance ... I'ts a'on your way' with a number of views not available on the North Rim. Reserve lodging within the Park ... Next AM. drive the 64 out to the-1-40 ... Then turn at Seligman 7 enjoy the "Old Rt 66" drive into Kingman. Happy trails ... carracar

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
67,169 posts
250 reviews
3. Re: On the way to Las Vegas from Monument Valley

The Grand Canyon National Park south rim is far more interesting than the north rim. Much more to see and do, even with just a single night.

Reply to: On the way to Las Vegas from Monument Valley
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted