We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip in Arizona from Phoenix to Sedona and then South

Mahopac, New York
Level Contributor
77 posts
13 reviews
Trip in Arizona from Phoenix to Sedona and then South

My husband and I are travelling to Phoenix and then want to visit places in Arizona. This is my first trip to Arizona. We are an older couple in our early 70s love outdoors,nature, scenic, off the beaten track "non touristy" places. We are active and love to walk but can only do easy hiking.We do not want to spend more than $125 a night for lodging.

We are just starting to plan and so could use some feedback. We arrive in Phoenix on Jan 7 and will stay with friends until Jan 9. then we are thinking of going to Sedona for 3 days and will save a fourth day to possibly go to GC, if weather permits. We were thinking of staying at Sky Ranch Lodge.

We then want to head down to a little South of Tucson. But, we may want to stay somewhere along the way. Any suggestions? Jerome?

Then, we are thinking of staying at Cricket head B and B. for 3 nights and exploring Tucson and areas South of Tucson.eg Tubac. We return to Phoenix on Jan 18 and stay with friends and leave on Jan 19 for 4 days in LA to visit our daughter. So, we have 13 days in Arizona.

Thanks for any suggestions. Wendy

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
33,195 posts
6,438 reviews
1. Re: Trip in Arizona from Phoenix to Sedona and then South

Jerome is by Sedona. Its easy to see on your drive to or from Phoenix to Sedona. Be sure to see some of the Native American ruins too such as Tuzigoot. Jerome is a short drive from Sedona and you can see most of te highlights in a few hours.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
67,174 posts
250 reviews
2. Re: Trip in Arizona from Phoenix to Sedona and then South

Sky Ranch Lodge is a good pick.

As mentioned, Jerome is near Sedona. I put it on about day 5 of a one week visit. Not really on the way to Tucson. Consider Prescott. Also a bit of a detour, but probably more interesting. Wickenburg could be another good option.

Mahopac, New York
Level Contributor
77 posts
13 reviews
3. Re: Trip in Arizona from Phoenix to Sedona and then South

Thanks for your feedback.

Mahopac, New York
Level Contributor
77 posts
13 reviews
4. Re: Trip in Arizona from Phoenix to Sedona and then South

Thanks!

Mahopac, New York
Level Contributor
77 posts
13 reviews
5. Re: Trip in Arizona from Phoenix to Sedona and then South

In driving from Sedona to tucson, I am wondering if there is a nice town or scenic areas to stop overnight on the way, maybe South of Prescott, maybe half way to Tucson? Any suggestions? Thanks

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
67,174 posts
250 reviews
6. Re: Trip in Arizona from Phoenix to Sedona and then South

I suggested Wickenburg.

7. Re: Trip in Arizona from Phoenix to Sedona and then South

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 December 2017, 16:16