We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clippership RV Rental Experiences Please

Iowa
Level Contributor
92 posts
7 reviews
Clippership RV Rental Experiences Please

My family of 8 will be traveling thru Alaska Summer of 2013 via RV. From what I have learned Clippership is the only rental company that can outfit that many people. However, I have read some very poo, recent reviews of this company and really not sure if we should rent from them.

If you have rented from Clippership, would you please tell me about your experience? Good and bad please.

Thank you for your time.

fti
MN
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
16,111 posts
33 reviews
1. Re: Clippership RV Rental Experiences Please

Did you read the reviews on Trip Advisor? How old were they? If not on Trip Advisor, did you do a search on TA for them? Did you check the BBB info on this company?

You might find few current posters have experience with Clippership, but you never know.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
3,805 posts
12 reviews
2. Re: Clippership RV Rental Experiences Please

In the green bar above these posts you'll see the words SEARCH IN. In the empty box, type the word clippership. This will bring up every thread where clippership is mentioned. Ignore posts from people who have only have less than 9-10 posts to their history. Did you check Clipperships rating with the Better Business Bureau?

GAH and ABC only allow 6 people to TRAVEL in the RV because that's how many seatbelts there are. If you have a small rental car for a few people you can certainly sleep 8 people in the RV. Just bring a couple of sleeping bags for the kids.

Laconia, New...
Level Contributor
34 posts
35 reviews
3. Re: Clippership RV Rental Experiences Please

Starting in November of 2011 we started planning our once in a lifetime trip to Alaska. One of the first things I did after booking the flights was to call about Motor home rentals. I spoke to a few companies and finally booked with Clippership Motorhome Rentals in Anchorage. This was based on my discussions with Kirill. He explained to me that we would be getting a premier ( 2009 or newer) unit. He also pointed out that they were “Better Business Bureau Business of the Year”. We agreed on a cost for the rental and I gave him a deposit on my American express for $1,500.00.

On July 10, 2012 we arrived in Anchorage to pick up our RV from Clippership Motorhome Rentals. The staff was very nice about checking us in. They made a mistake on what we had submitted for a down payment and Krill had to be called in. That was fixed and he asked for an additional $3,101.40 that I paid with my TD Bank Visa Card.

They went to show us around the motor home but could not answer some of the questions regarding the water tank so Kirill was called out again. He also did not totally understand how the water worked and fumbled thru it. We left their property around 6:00 that evening and headed to Wal-Mart to get our supplies. We were going to camp in Wal-Mart but at 10:30 that evening the manager knocked on the door and told us we could not. So we set towards our first destination of Homer. The RV drove as it should in the city. We got on the highway and as soon as we got to 45 mph the whole RV started to shake. We almost crashed into the jersey barriers because of it. Once it got over 50 it smoothed out and drove as an RV of this size would. Problem is most of the driving is in the problem range. We camped that night and in the morning I got out the service manual to call Clippership to tell them what was going on. It was then that I discovered it was an 2006 RV not 2009 or newer as I was told. I called them up and explained what was going on with the vibration. They said they would have someone call me. They also apologized for the 2006 but said that is the unit we rented. I explained it was not but at this point wanted to get on with our trip.

I received a call back within 30 minutes from a real nice guy. He explained that the vibration should not be happening and we could bring the unit back for repair. I explained we were half way to Homer (3 hours away from him) and he said he would find a location to have it looked at. I inquired about the paper on the window that said the unit had been inspected and passed. He said they do not drive the units to test drive them just go over them. He said at the beginning of the season he had almost a whole new front end in this RV. He called me back in an hour and set up for us to go to a place along our route to have it looked at. He had called them and set it up for us. We arrived and after an hour were informed that the facility was not equipped to look at a unit of this size. I called him back and he apologized and said he would proceed to try to find another place for us along the route. We got back on the road.

On our way to our first destination of the trip it started to rain. We turned on the wipers and within 15 minutes of turning them on they stopped working. I pulled over not being able to see very well and called the guy back again. He said that I needed to get out and pull the wipers away from the glass and they will start to work again. I asked if he was kidding me and he said “no that happens with them there is an issue with the motor and they have a new motor on order but it has not come in yet”. I asked why they let the RV leave with a safety issue like this. He said that the office was aware of it and assumed they had told us.

We got back on the road after doing what he said to the wipers and arrived at our first RV camping destination. We stayed there and in the morning left to make the 2 hour trip to our second destination. Along the way we stopped at the next place they set up for us. I met with the mechanic and he had never heard of something having an issue at a certain block of speed. He said usually it would start at a certain speed but would not go away. He went out for a test drive with us and experienced what we were talking about. He still could not explain it. He said it would be about an hour and a half for him to inspect the RV. We went for a walk and when we came back he said the front tires were not balanced properly and one rim was dented. They rebalanced the tires but a rim was 2 weeks out. He said to try it and maybe this would fix it and if not we would need to try to get the rim replaced but they were odd balls. We went on with our trip and again at 45 mph it started to shake but not as bad as before. That is until you got over 50 and then started to slow down. Not sure why but it still shook at 45 but when you slowed down from above 50 you did not need to be looking at the speedometer to know you had dropped below 50. You knew by the whole rig shaking.

I called the guy back and explained we still had an issue. He said he would order a rim once he found out what rim to order from the place we went to. He apologized for all the issues and said he was doing his best. We got to our next destination and set up at the RV campground in Homer. Their we found out that the water hose was not long enough to reach because it was only 6 feet long. We pulled up as far as we could for water but then the dump hose was only 10 feet long and that would not reach. So we Had to keep unhooking the water to be able to dump. The RV place was amassed that they did not give us longer hoses for each. They had never seen that before usually it is too much hose.

We then went to get settled and make something to eat. Once we ate my daughter went to do the dishes (We cook she had to clean). I turned on the heater for the water (just a switch inside the RV) and we waited for it to heat up. In about 20 Min she went to test the water and was hurt by the scalding temperatures. I went to check it out and found that the water was as she said scalding. We put on a lot of cold water and made it work.

The following day the Hot water heater started to leak. Water was running everywhere. We called the company again and they sent a lady out in a BMW to fix the RV. She had only a few tools and no supplies with her. Even after I told them exactly what was leaking. She finally fixed the leak but did not want to tackle the Hot water issue as she was not sure how to fix it. I showed her where it said it could be fixed but she still did not want to adjust anything.

I called the management and explained that they had a lot of issues with the RV. I went over the issues and said I was not paying full price for an RV that was sent out on the road unsafe. He assured me he would compensate us for the issues and would find a rim so we could stop on our way back thru Anchorage to Denali and have it changed. I told him what the mechanic had said about the lead time and he said “he would try to find one and call me to let me know. I never heard from him and called the office (3:00 pm) the day before we made our way to Denali to see if we needed to get off the highway or not. I got the answering machine and never heard back from him so we never got off the highway and just kept going on our trip Shaking the whole way. You had to grip the wheel with both hands when you dropped below 50 as it was bad.

We arrived to return the RV on July 26th at 11:00 an hour before drop off because I wanted to address the issues and catch our flight. Once they checked in the unit and inspected it they reported to us that they see no issues with the RV or signs of damage we caused. I explained we had a bunch of food & drinks left over and we had it packed to be donated to a local food pantry. I asked if the shuttle could drop us by a place on the way to the airport to do this. They said they would take care of that for us. They donated stuff to a local pantry all the time. I asked to speak to the manager and they said he was on the phone with the mechanic. He made us wait for over an hour and only after more than one employee asked to help and said they would go see did he finally make time for me. I asked if we could step away from his customers to be professional. Not wanting to have this kind of discussion with his customers is only the right thing to do. I went over my list with him (see below) and when finished he said so what do you want from me? I explained we talked and he had agreed to make it right for us. He asked what I thought was fair. I told him that I felt an off season rate would be fair considering the long length of issues and how it impacted our trip. He said no way he would do that and the best he could do was one day rental. I told him I thought that was not fair so he said ok then how about a half day. I was upset with how rude he was to someone that was sent out with an unsafe RV. I told him this and he had an excuse for everything. He said they had the rim the next day but forgot to call me. He said scalding water could not be helped and the remedy is to use more cold. Evedn though the directions say it can be adjusted. The wipers that had us stopping a half dozen times because they stop working in the rain. He said he was not aware of it but if the units are rented what else could he do they needed to go out. I explained that he should have offered another unit or at least informed us of the issues and not just let it go out. People could have been injured in a crash or worse. He said if he did not know about it what was he supposed to do. I explained that the mechanic said he knew about it. He said he would have a discussion with him. The Tires complexly out of balance he said his guys don’t balance them and my complaint is with the company that did. I told him he is ultimately responsible for the units that leave his yard and that he should be more concerned about issues like this that are brought to hi attention. He again did not really care. I asked to speak to the owner who I assumed he was related to in some way. He said she was not there but he would have her call me to discuss additional compensation for our troubles. I asked for her name and he said Luda. I asked for her last name and he said he did not know. I told him I found it hard to believe that the manager does not know the owners name.

On our way out we noticed our RV we had rented was moved and they were washing it. We also noticed that the food we had put aside to be donated was being eaten by the workers. We also spoke to a worker who said Kirill was the son of the owner and her last name is Gashenko. They asked what had happened and we told them. They said that the RV was already going out to another family that was waiting for it. I asked if all the problems had been addressed and he said they changed the tire but was not aware of anything else. He also said good luck getting a refund the management is nice before they get your money and after that they do not care about you. The figure you will never be back so why worry. That was the point that I made a call to TD Visa to put in the dispute figuring it was the only way to get any retribution for services that were not as they should have been.

When we got home I went to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau of Alaska and found the following statement on their website. The next time I will verify BBB reports. I never thought people could make these claims if they were not true. Guess it shows what kind of people we are dealing with. See bbb.org/alaska/business-reviews/motor-homes/…

• On August 1, 2011, BBB contacted the company concerning an ad claim found on the company's website, www.clippershiprv.com. Specifically, the company has failed to substantiate the following claim, "Business Of The Year". Based on BBB files, as of July 30, 2012 this company has removed the advertising claim from it's advertisement.

1) RV was sent out with a vibration that shook the whole rig between 45 & 50. Tires were found not to be balanced properly. The rim was found to have a dent in it.

2) Windshield wipers worked intermittently. The stopped working while it was raining. I called to report this and was told to just pull the wipers away from the window. They had ordered a new motor but it was not in by the time the unit was being sent out.

3) Water coming out of the hot was around 180 degrees. When I explained that my daughter was scalded by it I was told I should have used more cold water.

4) Water hose was 6 feet long so we could not always hook to a water source.

5) Dump hose was 10 ft long so could not hook to dump when we were hooked to water and sometimes it just was not long enough at all

6) Exhaust vent was taped down and could not be opened for fresh air.

7) Screens on other vents we ripped and the bugs kept getting in. One window had no screen and could not be opened.

8) The generator plug needed to be taped because the shielded wires to the plug were exposed and someone could get hurt.

9) Corner molding was held in by staple from a repair but staple came loose and cut my wife’s foot as she walked by. I removed the staple.

10) The windshield leaked and dripped down on the inside of the RV.

11) The indicator lights for the level of fresh water and the level of what was in the holding tank did not function properly.

Iowa
Level Contributor
92 posts
7 reviews
4. Re: Clippership RV Rental Experiences Please

fti - yes I read the review on Clippership and yes they were current and yes I searched for it and yes I checked them on BBB. That is why I asked the questions, would like to know if others had the same problem.

yescanda - my kids are adults, sleeping bags on the floor will not cut it. But thanks for the idea.

Bob S - Thank you for taking the time to give me such a detailed report! This is exactly what I was wanting as I was learly after reading some other posts on Clippership. You have convinced me to go with my gut feeling. Just not sure what we will do but we will NOT be renting from Clippership. Once again - THANK YOU!!!!!!

Laconia, New...
Level Contributor
34 posts
35 reviews
5. Re: Clippership RV Rental Experiences Please

I'm glad I could help. If you need any suggestions on Alaska things to do please send me an email. We spent 3 amazing weeks there and have over 6000 pictures. I have places to stay in the RV as well as places to visit.

San Francisco...
2 posts
6. Re: Clippership RV Rental Experiences Please

Alaska was amazing but Clippership is horrible. We had arranged for a pickup at 6 am in the morning at Seaward as we were arriving by HA cruise but the vehicle did not reach there by 5 pm ! Their employee Lee with whom we had arranged for a pick up committed that the vehicle would be there at 6 and even gave us her personal contact no. just in case there was some problem but apparently this was just in her brain and she had not informed anybody about the required drop off. I had paid $444 for the dropoff but this is the kind of service they offer and on top of it she lied to us telling us that there was an unexpected mechanical failure with the vehicle but in reality nobody knew about the drop off and we were told this by the technician who came to drop of the vehicle. Secondly she sent us the incomplete documents for the rental and she conveniently forgot to send us document that specified the time of drop off. Thirdly when reported to manager she very shamelessly denied the fact that I had ever made such a request and that she had ever committed it to us. Even the owner is incredible mean and arrogant, the Lady looks down upon customers and talks rashly to them the son atleast listens to the customer. The worst thing was the RV the gave us had a compartment door completely damaged but while checking out the vehicle at Seaward we had missid it because it was so late and we (6 people) were so frustrated and mad; and later during the time of drop off Clippership slapped the blame on me, when I had 100% not been the cause for it because it was not a small scratch or something that I could have stayed unaware of it, it was a pretty significant thing. Clippership kept the entire $500 deposit for repair of it, can you believe it. Long story short, don't rent with them they SUCK !

haines, alaska
Destination Expert
for Haines
Level Contributor
7,158 posts
35 reviews
7. Re: Clippership RV Rental Experiences Please

Wow, sorry you had such a bad experience........

Lessons that I learned from your story that may apply to future travelers.......

1. Get your confirmations in writing, print them out and have them with you.......No amount of lying by an employee can counteract that......

2. If the delivery is late by even an hour, contact them, contact the owner........if there is indeed a mechanical problem, suggest other options......ie: can you be reimbursed for a bus ride or rental car to pick up the vehicle at a later time......

3. Due diligence at the time of taking possession of the vehicle (just like with a rental car).......note any damages or imperfections, even take pictures of any damage......you were given an orientation of the vehicle at that time and should have noticed the damages, as you describe them as "not a small scratch"......no matter how tired you are these are just the basics.......

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage
Level Contributor
13,133 posts
233 reviews
8. Re: Clippership RV Rental Experiences Please

Vehicle damage (emphasizing what Mombear stated above)...

I don't just walk around the vehicle I rent, I take pictures of it while it is still parked when I first see it.

Noops S, sorry about your bad experience. Would you mind telling readers why you did choose Clippership for an RV rental? It may help future readers with their decision making.

tks,

Scott

9. Re: Clippership RV Rental Experiences Please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 08:47
fti
MN
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
16,111 posts
33 reviews
10. Re: Clippership RV Rental Experiences Please

jollyh2o it is best to start your own thread with your question. Also tell us when you are going, for how long, who is traveling, etc. Check the first pinned post about FIRST TIME POSTERS for other info to include when you post. Thanks!