We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paradisus, royal service?

Waterloo, Canada
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Topic
Paradisus, royal service?

We are booked and heading to the PRDO in a couple of weeks but still discussing whether to upgrade to royal service. I don't care about having my bags unpacked, a bath ready for me or premium alcohol. I do care about a quiet beach and pool area and the possibility of "better" food at another restaurant. Is the royal service worth the heavy upcharge? We are travelling with another couple to celebrate 60th birthdays.

I appreciate any input as I find it hard to tell from photos what is exactly what...

Thank you!

7 replies to this topic
Hampshire, United...
Level Contributor
80 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paradisus, royal service?

Hi , why not decide when you get there , we did both but they main part is still quite quiet and you can book the restaurant in RS at a small cost , spend a few nights in the main part then ask for a tour of RS and the decide if you want to move towards the end of the holiday , it’s like 2 holidays - do you want some more details of what RS is like ?

Waterloo, Canada
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Paradisus, royal service?

That sounds lovely but I think a bit disruptive for a one week stay? Good to know we can book the royal restaurant for an extra charge. From earlier posts it sounds as if we can also use the RS beach since the beaches are all public just not the loungers if we are not RS members. I think we will wait til we get there, have a tour and decide then if there is still availability.

Thanks you for your reply!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,128 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Paradisus, royal service?

One thing to note is that the main pool will be closing in June (i think June). That means the beach will be very crowded and likely the RS beach will be also. Regular side guests cannot use the RS pool but are expected to walk all the way down to Sol Rio if they want to use a pool.

Waterloo, Canada
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Paradisus, royal service?

Yes both AC and the hotel note that the pool will be closed in June for renovations. As we will be there mid June I don’t expect an issue. I would not have chosen this resort if the main pool was closed! Thanks for the heads up.

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
29 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paradisus, royal service?

We stayed in RS side we thoroughly enjoyed it , it is quiet. Beach views from the hill are awesome . We felt the extra was worth it. It was a package trip out of Canada

Hampshire, United...
Level Contributor
80 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paradisus, royal service?

You could also book a massage at the Spa and you can use their own beautiful private beach for the whole day which is wonderful , the RS beach is very very quiet and the pool area is quiet small although it is beautiful, the main beach restaurant has a Hog Roast on Friday Cuba Day and some lovely small bands playing over lunch , the pool restaurant does the best Pizzas and the Catamaran rides are fun, so don’t miss all of that if you stay at RS

Canada
Level Contributor
2,035 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Paradisus, royal service?

We did the RS side for a couple of nights in January and we were there for 1 week. If you are still unsure when you get there you can always tour the RS side. The RS beach is nice and quiet. We found the food good.

In regards to the main pool being worked on, from what I have reading on here is that guests on the regular side will have access to the pool on the Luna side at the Sol Luna/Mares resort next door. You won't be able to access the RS side unless you are a guest.

Reply to: Paradisus, royal service?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Holguin
Recent Conversations