We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

parking charges at b-shed?

Which Fremantle hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
Level Contributor
96 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
parking charges at b-shed?

hi,

anybody able to advise me on the parking charges at b-shed terminal for a full day? i'm planning to head to rottnest island and is deciding between departure from b-shed or northport terminals.

thanks!!

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
20,433 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: parking charges at b-shed?

Google is your friend:

http://www.aacb.asn.au/admin/?getfile=599

As you can see there is limited all day parking and it is more by the E Shed than the B shed. For the sake of the $6 difference I'd park at Northport where the car park is less vulnerable to casual visitors.

Singapore
Level Contributor
96 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: parking charges at b-shed?

is it really unsafe to park at b/e-shed? there are more departure timings at b/e-shed as compared to northport for rottnest island. i'm inclined to take the ferry from b/e-shed but i'm also worried about my rental car.

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
20,433 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: parking charges at b-shed?

Well, there are a lot more people wandering around and so more opportunities for a baddie to spot it's a rental car and wonder if there's anything worth knowing about in there. It's broad daylight so probably OK but don't leave anything in sight on the seats to tempt.

Singapore
Level Contributor
96 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: parking charges at b-shed?

of course common sense should prevail. just wondering if its excessively unsafe. is b-shed typically very busy? i don't suppose it would be difficult to find a lot at the all-day lots should i be there early at around 9am?

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
20,433 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: parking charges at b-shed?

Parking in Freo is generally well taken up and I think you'll find the all day lots are just sections of the same vast car park- which means people will park there whether they want to be there 25 minutes or all day. I don't recall there being any fences or anything to denote where one section finishes and the next one starts. As you can see on the map there are only 185 all day spaces on weekends and 285 Mon-Thurs. I would think a lot will be taken up by stallholders who will arrive early to open their stalls in the E Shed Markets. So be prepared to be flexible :-)

6. Re: parking charges at b-shed?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 May 2014, 18:17
Get answers to your questions about Fremantle