We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how does this sound ?

Which Lauterbrunnen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
88 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
how does this sound ?

Hi all,

Am travelling to interlaken in the next few weeks. Please tell me if my itinerary for a day in Lauterbrunnen (LB) sounds ok. I will be with my mum who is enthusiastic about travelling but her health doesn't permit walking for long durations.

1. Arrive from interlaken to LB.

2. While i walk to stechelberg , my mom takes the bus till there and waits for me. I want to photograph the valley as i walk.

3. Once i join her at stechelberg, we take the gondola to grutschalp.Take the train from Grutschalp to Murren.Am hoping for excellent pics from the train.

4.From Murren hike to Gimmelwald. (i believe its downhill ).

Please note this trip is in early May. Am Not keen on seeing snow. Will i encounter it in the above said trail ? If yes then what should i skip?

Thanks very much,

W. Palm Beach, FL
Destination Expert
for Murren, Interlaken, Bernese Oberland
Level Contributor
3,928 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how does this sound ?

All of it should work but you've got the directions a little off. The cablecar to Grutchalp runs from Lauterbrunnen not Stechelberg. I would suggest reversing you route.

Start by taking the cablecar from Lauterbrunnen up to Grutchalp and train into Murren. Walk through town to the Schilthornbahn cablecar. Mum can take the cablecar to Gimmelwald while you walk down (about 45 min) or you can both walk down. From Gimmelwald the cablecar goes down to Stechelberg where Mum can catch the Lauterbrunnen bus and you can walk back to Lauterbrunnen.

If you see snow it should just be spots here and there.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
88 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how does this sound ?

Thanks Mountainhopper for clearly explaining the route ! I wish i can help you the same way if u ever make a trip to India

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
88 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how does this sound ?

i checked the webcam for Murren and looks like its still under a blanket of snow ! Too much snow for my liking still...

Where can i rent bicycles in lauterbrunnen ? Figured its better than walking all the way to stechelberg

thanks

W. Palm Beach, FL
Destination Expert
for Murren, Interlaken, Bernese Oberland
Level Contributor
3,928 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: how does this sound ?

There is a bicycle shop in the center of the village right next to the Hotel Oberland.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
88 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: how does this sound ?

thanks again !

6. Re: how does this sound ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 11:16
Get answers to your questions about Lauterbrunnen