We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Druskininkai in September

miami
9 posts
Save Topic
Druskininkai in September

Hi I am planing to visit the spa city in September, how is the weather at that time? Also whats there to do in the evenings? Any concerts, theatres,shows? Or just staying in your room and watch tv?

Thank you very much,

Sofia

8 replies to this topic
Vilnius, Lithuania
Level Contributor
456 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Druskininkai in September

You can find some info here: http://info.druskininkai.lt/new/en/

miami
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Druskininkai in September

Thank you very much, I checked,doesnt look like much . Hope I'll be able to take day trips in the surroudin area .

Vilnius, Lithuania
Destination Expert
for Lithuania, Vilnius
Level Contributor
2,349 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Druskininkai in September

Weather in September should still be fine, summers tend to be prolonged in the start of autumn as it starts later in June lol. I like Septembers in Lithuania, daytime is still quite long, some rainy days of course, but it should be fine for taking long walks in the colorful foliage parks of Druskininkai.

Don't know when exactly you are coming, there will be some concerts in September dedicated to the birthday of our famous composer Ciurlionis (on September 16-17 and 22) . Also check the Druskininkai tourism info website in the end of August for updated September events.

Tv is the worst to do during holidays lol.

miami
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Druskininkai in September

Thank you soo much . You realy described this place with love. I love nature too, will be staying in a Hotel spa

with medical teatments and looking forward to explore this beautiful town .

Best regards ,Sofia

p.s. I will be there at the end of August and up to September 12 th .

LT
Level Contributor
854 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Druskininkai in September

"...I love nature too..."

If you do not feel hostile to nature then it's just a correct choice, i mean Druskininkai. Town itself is rather secondary thing, nature goes first there. Say, starting from air with healing properties.

You can rent a bicycle to explore the town and surroundings. When words "bicycle" and "Druskininkai" are combined in same sentence it usually is meant that this is a most efficient way of enjoying natural environment and gaining all the best nature can offer. There, in Druskininkai surroundings.

Some (or most of) objects mentioned on the Druskininkai info website (and elsewhere) are supposed to be the points that ease to arrange the shape of the route. It's not that the gaps in between are somewhat dull or something - it means that your pleasant walk or ride can be diversified with those objects, with visiting them just out of curiosity or even without it. I here react to your worries about watching TV LOL.... TV may be useful if there is some hurricane or heavy rainfall outside.

miami
9 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Druskininkai in September

Thank you , I am soo looking forward going to Druskininkai now , I am sure will fall in love with this town and its people ! Cannot wait!

Druskininkai...
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Druskininkai in September

September is a perfect time for Lithuania. Still warm but not too hot. There is a plenty of activity in the town and nearby. First of all try to get wet at some good SPA- that's what people are coming here for. Then take a bike ( or electric bike) tour on the paved bike routes.You can even go to Grutas pak of soviet statues by bike (only 5 km).

Afterwards relax in some nice restaurant by Nemunas river or get in to small cafe ( if you prefer cakes- French boulangerie is the place where locals go). You can also visit Aqua park or amusement park in the trees which is a great fun for active outdoors lovers.Then take Nemunas river steamer to Liskiava monastery. Druskininkai is neigbouring with our famous Dzukija National Park where you can have a really great adventure. More info on leisure and entertainment in Druskininkai and Dzukija National Park is here: kaimoturizmosodyba.eu/leisure-and-entertainm…

miami
9 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Druskininkai in September

Thank you ! Great post, I am sure I will enjoy your town .

Sofia

Reply to: Druskininkai in September
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Druskininkai
Recent Conversations