We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weekend in Bratislava

Which Bratislava hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Loughton,Essex,UK
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Weekend in Bratislava

Can anyone recommend a clean cheap hotel.We are 4 friends that will be going for 3 nights in June. It would be an advantage if it is close to the castle.

Thanks

Bratislava, Slovakia
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Weekend in Bratislava

Best hotel near the castle is hotel Ibis. Is it small i think 3 star hotel. But i dont know how is it with prices. Just check their web site.

London, United...
Level Contributor
189 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weekend in Bratislava

I would recommend the Hotel Tatra more than the Ibis. I have recently stayed in both, and the Tatra is better value for money (although both are similar price) and much much quieter. The Ibis is currently undergoing reconstruction of part of the hotel, and if you get a room facing the street you will hear the trams from around 6am every day, and they are not quiet there. Also the staff attitude in the Tatra was much better in my opinion on the 2 occasions I have stayed there.

The Tatra is beside the Presidential palace and right on the edge of the Old Town, and about 10 minutes walk to the castle.

If you do decide to go for the Ibis, ask for a room at the back away from the trams when you book, and preferably not one by the staff lift which starts up even earlier than the trams!

Hope you have a great time in my adopted hometown, it should be nice and warm in June and there are loads of tips on this forum as to what to do, if you need inspiration.

Best regards

Andy Cunningham

3. Re: Weekend in Bratislava

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2012, 02:14
Midlands
Level Contributor
47 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weekend in Bratislava

Hi

Just back and we stayed in Park Inn Hotel only a 5 minuite walk to the castle

We noticed the Ibis and it is right across the road nearly from the Brewery it looked nice enough and near the castle, hope you have a great time as we did.

Loughton,Essex,UK
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Weekend in Bratislava

Hi Elaine

Did you guys use Ryanair?

Midlands
Level Contributor
47 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weekend in Bratislava

Hi Charl V

Yes we did use Ryanair from Luton and i must say they were very good :0)

Is that how you are travelling ?

Loughton,Essex,UK
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Weekend in Bratislava

Hi Elaine

Yes we have to use them as well. Seems like they are the only people flying there. I don't like to fly with them just because of the admin costs that they only mention to you when you ready to pay. Just have to go with them I suppose.

Bratislava, Slovakia
Level Contributor
229 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weekend in Bratislava

Ryanair is indeed the biggest carrier at BTS, but remember that you can reach Bratislava from Vienna airport ;)

Bristol
Level Contributor
129 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weekend in Bratislava

If you get a Ryanair card you don't pay admin costs any longer........

10. Re: Weekend in Bratislava

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 April 2013, 19:36