We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shuttle/taxi centre to centre Bratislava- vienna

Which Bratislava hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
3,565 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Shuttle/taxi centre to centre Bratislava- vienna

I have been seeking a way to get back to Vienna from Bratislava late on a sunday evening. Leaving around 23.30 from Bratislava.

The trains and buses seem to be nonexistant at this time on a Sunday.

I have seen several 'shuttle' taxi cmpanies. Such as 'Auto VKM'.

Are there any shuttle taxi companies that are more reliable/reputable than others?

The price is not the deciding factor as they are all around the same.

Has anyone used such a service for this journey?

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
28,355 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shuttle/taxi centre to centre Bratislava- vienna

As in my previous post there are later buses.

If money is no object then take a taxi - bear in mind that during the hockey world championships the price is likely to go up, and it is a bit of an unknown factor as to how much it will cost, or whether indeed any cars will be available. They will all get you to Vienna all right, but you just have to consider the size of the hole in your pocket afterwards.

Personally I would stay in a pub until the first train :)

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
3,565 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shuttle/taxi centre to centre Bratislava- vienna

The latest bus on blaguss leaves bratislava 23.00

The website doesnt mention sundays as being different to weekdays.

I am looking to leave bratislava about midnight.

It does not appear possible on public transport.

Thus I have no other option but to get a taxi or ask my mates in vienna to pick me up which I dont wish to do.

Leaving at 4.30 am is also of no interest to me.

Zurich, Switzerland
Level Contributor
24 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shuttle/taxi centre to centre Bratislava- vienna

I remember that in 2008, I took the REX (Regional Express) train from Bratislava Hlavna Stanica to Vienna during night. It was around 2AM I think. Not sure if this still exists in the schedule though.

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
28,355 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shuttle/taxi centre to centre Bratislava- vienna

No - last one is at 2246 www.cp.sk

London
Level Contributor
19 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shuttle/taxi centre to centre Bratislava- vienna

Hi, try: slovaklines.sk. Last bus is leaving at 23:30 to Vienna from Bratislava coach station. There are two other stops in Bratislava where you can get on bus. You can also book a ticket online.

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
28,355 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shuttle/taxi centre to centre Bratislava- vienna

I think you are looking at the wrong part of the timetable - the last Slovak Lines bus usually departs at 20:00, however over the next few days the last one is at 18:00 for some reason - here is the regular timetable portal.cp.sk/Data/L102806_101212_30893.pdf

If you know any different then please post details - the Slovak Lines website doesn't advertise any later bus either - later on in May there seems to be one that leaves at 22:00 and ARRIVES at 23:30 but that is no good to Mr Keepingitreal.

London
Level Contributor
19 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shuttle/taxi centre to centre Bratislava- vienna

I can see what you mean when I looked at the timetable. It is confusing. But I just double checked slovak lines web site and there is indeed last bus leaving at 23:30 from Bratislava. I did check Sunday 1.5. and Sunday 8.5. I also used bus from Vienna airport to Bratislava at 23:30 last Friday, so they are running that late. Check: https:/…lineresults.aspx

I trust slovaklines website 100% as I use and book their busses at least 20 times a year and I never had any problem with it. They even gave me a refund when plane was late and I did not catch the bus. I know it is normal, but not always with the slovak companies.

8. Re: Shuttle/taxi centre to centre Bratislava- vienna

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 05 May 2012, 04:35
9. Re: Shuttle/taxi centre to centre Bratislava- vienna

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 May 2012, 05:56
10. Re: Shuttle/taxi centre to centre Bratislava- vienna

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 00:42