We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Puszta horsemen

Which Budapest hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NC
Level Contributor
42 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Puszta horsemen

Has anyone attended a Puszta tour from Budapest? The day trip I am considering is a coach tour to the Plains with the equestrian demonstration, gypsy music, and lunch. It looks nice online, but I would like to hear from someone who has actually been.

Dorset
Level Contributor
27 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Puszta horsemen

Exactly what I was gong to post! There seems to be a few companies, but really wish to know some thoughts - it looks and sounds really good. Let's hope someone has been and done it and can reply!

NC
Level Contributor
42 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Puszta horsemen

That was my question and I now have an answer to share. Through my hotel in Budapest (K&K Hotel Opera) I booked a tour to visit the Puszta area and see the famous horsemen. We booked with EUrama tours and were part of a small group of 7 guests in a minivan. We were picked up at our hotel in the morning and taken out in the countryside, with a stop in Keckemet. We then proceeded to our destination. We received a traditional greeting, then toured the farm in a carriage. We saw the amazing show, then could ride one of the horses if you chose (I did). We had time to walk around the farm and see the other animals, then went for a delicious Hungarian lunch with gypsy music. We were then returned to our hotel. It was a delightful day and I heartily recommend it. Josef was our guide and he was very knowledgable.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,974 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Puszta horsemen

Did they cook the meal in a big pot over an open fire?

NC
Level Contributor
42 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Puszta horsemen

I didn't see the cooking process. Just ate and enjoyed.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,974 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Puszta horsemen

It sounds like you had a great time and recommend it to others? Do you have any pictures we can see? Do you remember the name of the farm or show?

6. Re: Puszta horsemen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2014, 15:17