We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train or Bus from Budapest to Split

Which Budapest hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
9 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Train or Bus from Budapest to Split

Hi,

Could someone please suggest a good means of transport from Budapest to Split. I need to be in Split by the 13th of June and it is much cheaper to fly to Budapest than Split from London so I thought I would combine the two.

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
28,806 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train or Bus from Budapest to Split

It will take you a very long time by bus, or you could fly from Bratislava with skyeurope www.skyeurope.com

- they had some difficulties back in January, but seem to be doing OK now.

It takes c. 2.5 hours by train the Bratislava - times here www.idos.cz

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
9 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train or Bus from Budapest to Split

Hi,

That website was really helpful. It has an overnight train which is exactly what I was after. Do you know how to find out the prices for the trains on the site?

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
28,806 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train or Bus from Budapest to Split

This might help http://www.mav-start.hu/ - it is all in Hungarian, but if you run it through google translate (or google 'MAV ELVIRA', and choose the 'translate this page' option, it does a pretty good job.

4. Re: Train or Bus from Budapest to Split

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 15:21