We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from Budapest to Vienna and accommodation

manchester
Level Contributor
41 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Train from Budapest to Vienna and accommodation

Hi

I'm looking to travel to Vienna by train from Budapest. Does anybody know exactly which station it pulls in at? I see there are several main stations. I am hoping to stay overnight in Vienna so want to stay as close to the train station as possible. Also, if anybody can recommend any very cheap B&Bs in Vienna, i'd be v grateful. Thanks v much!

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
849 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train from Budapest to Vienna and accommodation

you should post this to the vienna forum.

by the way if you go by intercity, they depart from the keleti station in budapest, and arrives to the wien westbahnhof.

Budapest
Level Contributor
288 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train from Budapest to Vienna and accommodation

I stayed in Wombat hostel, which is walking distance from Wastbahnhof (where most trains from Budapest arrive). It's a big hostel, they have two buildings close to Mariahilferstr.

3. Re: Train from Budapest to Vienna and accommodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 01:18