We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maiden Voyage

Manchester
Level Contributor
118 posts
184 reviews
Save Topic
Maiden Voyage

Heading here for the first time in Dec - any recommendations for hotels/location as unfamiliar with Warsaw and keen to get the located in the right area for a first time visitor?

Thank in advance

9 replies to this topic
dallas tx.
Level Contributor
4,688 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maiden Voyage

if you put "where to stay in warsaw" in the search engine just above,you will get a ton of answers

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,430 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Maiden Voyage

Public transport is excellent in warsaw and inexpensive by UK standards so location is not as critical as in bigger cities. The "tourist" areas are towards the Old Town (Stare Miasto) and the "Royal Route" - Krakowskie Przedmieście and Nowy Świat (New World [Street]). Hotels depends on your budget but include budget hotels (e.g. Ibis) and more upmarket/business hotels such as The Bristol, Marriott, Intercontinental, Polonia Palace. The last 3 are away from the Old Town, quite close to the main Railway Station

Manchester
Level Contributor
118 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Maiden Voyage

Superb Tony, just the info I was looking for buddy

Stowmarket, United...
Level Contributor
336 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Maiden Voyage

Hi we are currently staying in the Old Town, in an apartment just off the market square. Great location, plenty of food and drink establishments nearby.

Really impressed by Warsaw, but it is very cold and snowing!

Manchester
Level Contributor
118 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Maiden Voyage

1FB sounds great! Thanks for the response, where did you book the Apartment and does it come with any other fees, cleaning fee etc?

Stowmarket, United...
Level Contributor
336 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Maiden Voyage

Hi, it was a lucky find on booking.com, it is warm and clean!

But so cold outside!

No other fees, we are only here for 3 nights so no mid stay clean, there is wifi, heating, tv, equipped kitchen, bathroom with shower and a washing machine.

Edited: 17 March 2018, 06:29
Manchester
Level Contributor
118 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Maiden Voyage

Excellent, thanks for the info, and enjoy your trip and stay warm!

Somerset,UK
Level Contributor
328 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Maiden Voyage

I went to Warsaw last weekend for the 2nd time since December

In December I based at the Metropole hotel near the main station but spent most of our evenings nearer the old town so last weekend I too stayed in an apartment just off the old market square that I booked on booking.com and it was perfect.

Weirdly it was 16 and sunny last Sunday and I was wearing a t shirt!

Manchester
Level Contributor
118 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Maiden Voyage

Cheers SomBoy, I’ve been looking at that hotel. Sounds like you had you had some freak weather!

Reply to: Maiden Voyage
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Warsaw