We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from Warsaw to Krakow

TLV
2 posts
Save Topic
Getting from Warsaw to Krakow

I need to get from Warsaw to Krakow - i checked Lot but there are no more reasonably priced fairs. Does anyone know how I could take a train from W to K? I am looking for a timetable of the train schedule - can someone help?

Henrikson
14 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting from Warsaw to Krakow

hey!

it's very simple to take a train from Warsaw to Krakow.

from ariport in Warsaw take bus number 175 that departures every few minutes from the arrival terminal.

Warsaw main train station is right in the center of the city (cross the street from Mariott hotel)...

Here is the website:

http://rozklad.pkp.pl/bin/query.exe/en

in Polish main train station in Warasw is called " Warszawa Centralna" and the one in Krakow: "Kraków Główny"

if you need any more help, let me know (I will be checking this forum)

have fun

wroclaw
Level Contributor
375 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting from Warsaw to Krakow

abstlv,

I have no idea what you've checked cause I've just found a flight for you (on LOT) for 137 PLN which is VERY CHEAP!

The prices are in zlotys nor euros!

Check out LOT, then one-way journey and then 'not fixed dates' (anyway 99 percent of dates have that price.)

The journey takes 50 minutes.

Max

TLV
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting from Warsaw to Krakow

thanks for your help but I've decided to take a train - I hope that this is the right decision. I figure that i will enjoy the countryside and avoid the hassle of the airports - according to the train schedule this should take approximately 2h45.

do you know of a reasonable priced and clean hotel to stay in for 1 night in Krakow? thanks again.

Thailand
Level Contributor
23 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting from Warsaw to Krakow

The train is a great way to see the Polish countryside. Plus you will save zloty on a cab from airport.

In Krakow, I recommend renting an apartment for the night. You can find some good ones at oldtownapartments.pl, or just typing apartment rentals in krakow into google. Many times it is the same or better price than a hotel. Stay in or close to Old Town.

For train to Krakow see:

http://rozklad.pkp.pl/bin/query.exe/en

N.IRELAND
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting from Warsaw to Krakow

hey. my preferred option of travel is the train. how much would it likely cost in sterling? thanks

Krakow, Poland
Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
3,363 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting from Warsaw to Krakow

About £20 each way in 2nd class.

southport
Level Contributor
186 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting from Warsaw to Krakow

will i need to pre book this if travelling next monday (the 23rd june) or can i just turn up and pay?

Krakow, Poland
Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
3,363 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Getting from Warsaw to Krakow

I usually find a seat and pay the conductor on the train (there's a very humane 6 or 8zl surcharge if you get on without a ticket), but if you're worried about it you can get a ticket earlier in the day or the day before.

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
2,478 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Getting from Warsaw to Krakow

Hi. What exactly do you mean by pre-booking? Do you want to buy them online? If yes, you can do so but as far as I know, tickets are delivered to your home adress so it might not be a good idea taking into conideration that you have only one week left.

I usually recommed to buy tickets at least one day before (possible at every station) as seat reservations are necessary on Intercity trains. In addition, it is July and trains may be busy, especially on that particular route. But if you buy them just before departure, it shoud not be a problem either. Be aware that queues at Warszawa Centralna station can be long.

10. Re: Getting from Warsaw to Krakow

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 11:17
Get answers to your questions about Warsaw