We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport and weekly ticket

Helsinki
Level Contributor
179 posts
2 reviews
Airport and weekly ticket

I'll be arriving tomorrow and staying exactly a week, ie returning on Tuesday next week. Is there some kind of a ticket valid for public transport for a whole week that can be bought directly at the airport and maybe used already to get into the city (and back)? Not sure if I will use it enough for it to make economical sense but I always like to have a ticket like that anyway to not need to buy single tickets and think about it at all during the trip.

Also, I do not have any Polish currency yet and my aim is to do the exchange in the city. That should be doable, right? Tickets and possible snacks etc at the airport - credit card, no problem?

Thanks!

Vilnius, Lithuania
Level Contributor
565 posts
40 reviews
1. Re: Airport and weekly ticket

No, no weekly tickets. But they have 3 days (valid 72hours from the time of validation) tickets, weekend (valid from Friday evening till Monday morning) tickets and 1 day tickets (valid 24 hours). you can buy tickets from ticket machines located or on bus stop or on the way to train station in airport (given you are arriving in Chopin airport). they are very easy to use and they accept credit cards. the ticket you most probably need is zone 1 only (I don't know your travel plans, but in case you will be entering zone 2 on some occassion, you can buy additional 20min ticket on board). you can use this ticket to travel by train or bus from airport, just don't forget to validate it.

Here you can check prices: http://www.ztm.waw.pl/index.php?c=110&l=2

Edited: 18 July 2017, 20:07
Helsinki
Level Contributor
179 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Airport and weekly ticket

Thanks, cloud_nymph! Two 3 days tickets it will be then! First one directly at the airport (Chopin, yes).

3. Re: Airport and weekly ticket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2018, 14:18