We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wilanow Palace light show?

Level Contributor
33 posts
213 reviews
Wilanow Palace light show?

I will be visiting Warsaw mid December and would like to see the light show at Wilanow Palace. However, I am a little confused by the Wilanow Palace website. It indicates that from Oct 21 to Dec 31, the palace park closes at 4pm. Does this mean there is no light show?

Thanks

6 replies to this topic
dallas tx.
Level Contributor
4,751 posts
32 reviews
1. Re: Wilanow Palace light show?

the park is to the sides and back.....show is at the front

Level Contributor
33 posts
213 reviews
2. Re: Wilanow Palace light show?

Thanks for replying, Casey128. Just confirming that I am referring to the "Royal Garden of Light" featuring the "King's Magic Garden" and the "Garden of Imagination" etc.

From your message, I take it that this Royal Garden of Light is separate from the palace park and therefore unaffected by the park's closing time? Do you know if there is a separate cost/ticket to access the Royal Garden?

Thanks

Wichelen, Belgium
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
3. Re: Wilanow Palace light show?

As of 4 pm the light turn on because of is dark by then. Very Nice show.

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
278 posts
18 reviews
4. Re: Wilanow Palace light show?

Journeyfamily,

there are two separate things to see there.

The "Royal Garden of Light" is located in the garden just next to the Palace.

It is a ticketed exhibitionand there is a limited number of tickets for each hour.

The price is 10PLN during the workweek and 20PLN on the weekends.

It is 15 minutes for adults but kids might want to spend more time there.

The light show (mappings) takes place one weekends at 17.30, 18.30, 19.30, 20.30.

There are 4 different shows, as the webpage says: http://www.wilanow-palac.pl/mapping.html

The mappings take place at the facade of the Palace. You do not need a ticket to see the show.

Many people see the mappings first and then go to the garden, so it might be a good idea to buy tickets upfront.

And yes, the Garden of Light is open and the rest of the garden is ... dark. That's why it is closed.

Seeing the garden in December makes little sense, but you may be interested in seeing the museum in the Palace instead.

Edited: 20 November 2017, 10:28
dallas tx.
Level Contributor
4,751 posts
32 reviews
5. Re: Wilanow Palace light show?

the garden might not be worth seeing in winter time,but the back of that palace (the garden side) is spectacular....i've never seen anything like it

Boston...
Level Contributor
13 posts
14 reviews
6. Re: Wilanow Palace light show?

So when would be a good time to arrive there in December? Should we order tickets ahead of time or can they be bought there?

Reply to: Wilanow Palace light show?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Warsaw