We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zelazowa Wola and Brochow

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
14 posts
19 reviews
Zelazowa Wola and Brochow

We will be going to see Chopin's Birthplace from Warsaw (probably by train or taxi) in late July. Does anyone know if it is possible to take a taxi from Zelazowa Wola to Brochow? Are there any taxi ranks - in both places as we may need to take a taxi either back to Warsaw or back to the Sochaczew Station. Your advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in anticipation,

Sally H - Australia

Warsaw, Poland
Destination Expert
for Warsaw, Krakow, Gdansk, Zakopane, Wroclaw, Poznan, Southern Poland, Northern Poland, Lesser Poland Province
Level Contributor
2,906 posts
77 reviews
1. Re: Zelazowa Wola and Brochow

Taxi from Warsaw will be expensive so getting one from Sochaczew may save you some cash. Google Taxi Sochaczew to get some phone numbers.

I don't think there are any taxi ranks in any of these places, so you might like to negotiate the price with the driver so that he takes you to both places (e.g. from the train station to Żelazowa Wola, and after a few hours - from Żelazowa Wola to Brochów).

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
14 posts
19 reviews
2. Re: Zelazowa Wola and Brochow

Hello Macieii, Thank you very much for your helpful suggestion. We are interested in seeing where Chopin's parents were married and where he was baptised which may not take much time - but is there much to see in Brochow? I'm wondering if the driver could wait while we see the Church and perhaps have a little drive through Brochow then back to the Station. Or should we stay longer? It sounds as if you have been there. Again, thank you. It is hard imagining all this from Australia! Sally

Warsaw, Poland
Destination Expert
for Warsaw, Krakow, Gdansk, Zakopane, Wroclaw, Poznan, Southern Poland, Northern Poland, Lesser Poland Province
Level Contributor
2,906 posts
77 reviews
3. Re: Zelazowa Wola and Brochow

Hi, actually this is what I was getting at.

1. Take a train to Sochaczew, then get to Żelazowa Wola by taxi or bus. Keep the driver's phone number, or arrange a pickup at a convenient time. (you should not be charged for this).

2. Enjoy Żelazowa Wola for as long as you wish.

3. Take the taxi to Brochów and from there to Sochaczew. Fix the price before the ride, including the waiting time in Brochów (this should not be a metered ride). It's some 50 kms return trip so I'd expect a fee of 150-250 PLN (mostly depending on how much time you spend in Brochów).

The church is interesting, for Masovian standards :), so you might spend there a while. But I don't think there is anything else worth your time, except maybe for the views of the countryside - but you may enjoy it on your way to / from Brochów, or even ask the driver to drive you around.

Edited: 10 July 2017, 19:43
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
14 posts
19 reviews
4. Re: Zelazowa Wola and Brochow

Hello again,

Thank you very much for your further suggestions and advice. It is very much appreciated.

We are looking forward to our trip.

Kind regards, Sally

5. Re: Zelazowa Wola and Brochow

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 July 2018, 14:17
Get answers to your questions about Warsaw