We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

30-DAY Transport tickets rather than multiple tickets

Brisbane Region...
Level Contributor
24 posts
30-DAY Transport tickets rather than multiple tickets

I will be in Warsaw for a few weeks and I'm thinking that purchasing numerous tickets would be inconvenient. I calculate for 7days (i.e. one week) I need to purchase 2x 72hr tickets plus a weekend ticket which would cost me 96zl and for two weeks 192zl (am I correct?). As I will be in Warsaw for longer that 2 weeks am I allowed/entitled (as a tourist from Australia) to purchase a 30-day card (for zone 1&2 costing 166zl)? As I am reading, this card is personalised and requires a photo...and can be applied for via the internet...? If I am correct with my reading and go ahead with my application via the internet.... may I chose Chopin Airport for the collection point...if so may I make the application a week before I leave Australia to allow the 4 day processing, That way it would be ready to use when I arrive. I am hoping I can avoid waiting delays.

Warsaw, Poland
Destination Expert
for Warsaw, Krakow, Gdansk, Zakopane, Wroclaw, Poznan, Southern Poland, Northern Poland, Lesser Poland Province
Level Contributor
2,917 posts
77 reviews
1. Re: 30-DAY Transport tickets rather than multiple tickets

Hi,

1. You can apply for the City Card online - the only challenge is that the online form is available in Polish only.

2. The 30-day ticket for 166 PLN is available for Warsaw residents only, so this is not an option for you ("Warszawska Karta Miejska"). The right price for you is 180 PLN - "Bilet 30-dniowy imienny".

3. I don't see the point to buy a ticket for both zones, unless you wish to see the (closer) suburbs - not too much to be seen there. It may be cheaper to buy the Zone 1 ticket and use single or short-time tickets whenever you wish to leave Zone 1 (be careful with KM trains, though, these tickets may not be valid on these trains).

4. It looks like you can pick up your ticket at the Chopin airport at the ZTM booth.

And remember, that the City card is just a piece of plastic, the ticket is purchased (and written on your card) separately. You can do it at the airport of course and in the stationary ticketing machines.

Brisbane Region...
Level Contributor
24 posts
2. Re: 30-DAY Transport tickets rather than multiple tickets

Thank you Marcelli

So are you suggesting the 110zl zone 1 option? ...and that I can purchase this card at ZTM at Chopin airport when I arrive on the plane, validate the card and use it immediately when I leave the airport for Centrum?

Does this card mean I do not have to provide a photo?

Warsaw, Poland
Destination Expert
for Warsaw, Krakow, Gdansk, Zakopane, Wroclaw, Poznan, Southern Poland, Northern Poland, Lesser Poland Province
Level Contributor
2,917 posts
77 reviews
3. Re: 30-DAY Transport tickets rather than multiple tickets

You will need a photo. I am kind of surprised to see the 4-day delivery time - a month ago I had to get a new card as the old one had got broken, I got a new one on the spot. I think you could simply show up at the booth with a photo, without any prior online order or anything.

Yes, 110 PLN ticket should be the most cost efficient for you.

Brisbane Region...
Level Contributor
24 posts
4. Re: 30-DAY Transport tickets rather than multiple tickets

Thank you Marcelli for your help and advice. I'll give it a go of turning up with a photo and with luck I can get the card without any time delay. By the way by clicking on the English version

https://personalizacja.ztm.waw.pl/?l=2

you can complete an English language application form

Warsaw, Poland
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,917 posts
77 reviews
5. Re: 30-DAY Transport tickets rather than multiple tickets

^^ They must have fixed it since 2 days ago - it didn't work when I checked it :)

Warsaw, Poland
4 posts
1 review
6. Re: 30-DAY Transport tickets rather than multiple tickets

30-days ticket works also on KM trains within city limits.

7. Re: 30-DAY Transport tickets rather than multiple tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2018, 14:17