We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monday to Friday in Krakow

midlands
Level Contributor
9 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Monday to Friday in Krakow

1/ How much will a taxi be from Krakow airport to the city centre, and how long will this take?

2/ Which is the best way to buy tickets for the museums etc, On-line or when we get there!? And how much would you expect to paid!?

3/ We have heard its very cheap to eat out, how much would you be expected to pay for a meal for 2 adults with drinks?

4 replies to this topic
Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,701 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Monday to Friday in Krakow

#1 Officially it's 89 zloty (around £19). About 30 min, depending on traffic.

#2 You can usually buy ticket once you get there, and they aren't expensive, around £3 to £5. Exceptions are guided or unguided visit to Auschwitz, as they restrict the number going in. They are released 3 months in advance. Unguided entry pass is free (but only before 10 am or after 4 pm in summer months). Guided visit in English is 50 zloty (£10.50). https://visit.auschwitz.org/?lang=en. Salt Mine ticket can be bought on the day - guided visit only, 89 zloty (94 in July/Aug).

#3 This is difficult to say as prices vary a lot. In a cheap place away from the tourist centre, you can have a filling main course with beer for around £5. £10 is more realistic in the centre. Beer costs around 7 to 10 zloty (£1.50 to £2.10). You can pay a lot more in a fancy place of course.

Wuppertal, Germany
Level Contributor
80 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Monday to Friday in Krakow

Some years ago we used Krakow Airport Express for Transfers between Airport and City Center. They offer good cars and friendly drivers.

Buckingham, United...
Destination Expert
for Buckinghamshire, Somme, Winchester
Level Contributor
2,061 posts
2,042 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Monday to Friday in Krakow

Hi - I went to Krakow in November - we also went Monday to Friday, so we had 3.5 days to explore. In fairness we could have done with 1 or 2 more days!

If you are going Jet2 then flight gets in early evening and as it was dark we arranged a cab transfer, which was 89zloty. But in my opinion it was worth the ease, name card at arrivals and easy 30minutes drive into Town. We were staying within the non vehicle part of town so our driver walked us to our hotel. We dropped cases and got out for dinner.

If you are going to Auschwitz, I recommend a trip, it has lots of advantages. Have a look at Krakow Tours.

Schindler's Factory is worth booking in advance and early so you can beat the crowds. Pre-booking also lets you go to front of queue. Make sure you go to the right part of the site, and book individual tickets, no need for guide. That site also allows you to book other site/museum sites if they interest you.

www.mhk.pl/branches/oskar-schindlers-factory

I will not say about cost, but it is safe to say you will be surprised how reasonable prices for food or drinks is, especially if you avoid the square cafe/bars and restuarants.

You will have a great time its a lovely place.

Level Contributor
430 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Monday to Friday in Krakow

No need to pre arrange a taxi as there are plenty outside arrivals. Not only that, but these taxis are operated by the airport and of a decent standard (BMWs/ Mercedes etc). If you book through your hotel you most likely won’t get a car of this standard but will be paying a similar price and your hotel will say “kerching, thank you for an easy 100% profit for the sake of a quick phone call to a taxi company”

Going back to the airport, ask a member of staff in a bar or restaurant (not your hotel) to phone a taxi for you so you save money. They are cheaper if you pre book. A taxi driver in a ratty car wanted 89PLN to take me to the airport from old town. Needless to say I didn’t take him up on his outrageous price and told him in Polski that was expensive. He angrily tore up the piece of paper he had written the price on.

We went to a bar and had a drink and asked the barmaid to phone a taxi for us which came to around 40PLN if I remember correctly.

Reply to: Monday to Friday in Krakow
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Krakow