We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Krakow during the World Cup

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Topic
Krakow during the World Cup

I will be in Krakow for a week during the World Cup. With Poland being in Russia I was wondering if there will be some sort of fan park type event anywhere in Krakow?

If not, are there any pubs that will have a good atmosphere to watch some of the games?

12 replies to this topic
Buckingham, United...
Destination Expert
for Buckinghamshire, Somme, Winchester
Level Contributor
2,060 posts
2,042 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Krakow during the World Cup

I cant comment on Fan Parks, but the Polish like their football, so I expect most bars with TV's will show the Football. I am not sure if its a mistake, but Krakow Poland is not in Russia!

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,700 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Krakow during the World Cup

What the OP meant was of course that Polish national team qualified for the World Cup and will be competing in Russia.

I'm sure locals will know if they have a fan zone with outdoor screening of key matches.

San Diego...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Krakow during the World Cup

I am wondering the same. I was told by a local that there is not yet any word on whether a fan zone area will exist or not. But if so it will be located in Błonia, which is 2-3KMs from Grand Market

Krakow, Poland
Level Contributor
2,302 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Krakow during the World Cup

If they do it, i doubt it would be on The Blonia, if it is its' only just over 1km walk from The Main Square (No idea what or where 'Grand Market' is)

Krakow, Poland
Level Contributor
151 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Krakow during the World Cup

You can check "Small Square" as well. There was a fan zone during various championships (sports disciplines). It's just behind the Main Square and St. Mary's Church.

San Diego...
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Krakow during the World Cup

Very interesting. Thank you for the replies!

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Krakow during the World Cup

Now that the world cup has started, just wondering if anyone that has been in Krakow, has seen any signs there is a fan park of some sort for the games?

Kraków
Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
743 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Krakow during the World Cup

Błonia (al. Focha)

At least according to the newspapers. 9x5 m screen, room for 1000 people, food trucks.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Krakow during the World Cup

Thank you for your reply. I googled that place and found this article: https://www.inyourpocket.com/krakow/watching…

2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Krakow during the World Cup

Anybody in Krakow checked the existence of this fan zone?

Thanks.

Reply to: Krakow during the World Cup
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Krakow