We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which cell phone company is best ?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
138 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Which cell phone company is best ?

Greetings !

After flying into Kraków, I plan on getting a SIM card for my phone and I was wondering which cell phone companies in Poland have the best coverage for data , calls etc ?

Want to make sure I pick the best one.

In the USA Verizon and ATT have the most coverage nationwide , was wondering if it's similar in Poland.

Thank you !

Mentioned in this post
Poland
Poland
Europe
5 replies to this topic
Lidingo, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Silesia Province
Level Contributor
1,060 posts
838 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which cell phone company is best ?

Doesn't matter which one you choose, Orange, T-Mobile, Plus or Play, all have very similar coverage. In Kraków you won't experience any trouble and should you go to any very remote places, then you might experience trouble with all of them.

There are some differences in speed and type of data transmission with regard to different places, but that shouldn't play a role if you'll use it only temporarily.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
138 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which cell phone company is best ?

Thank you. I will be using data all over Poland and visiting multiple places. I did manage to find some information that T-Mobile has the most coverage in Poland. Obviously there will be dead zones when passing through the countryside. We have similar issues back here in the states.

Mentioned in this post
Poland
Poland
Europe
Lidingo, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Silesia Province
Level Contributor
1,060 posts
838 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which cell phone company is best ?

When it comes to 4G Internet Orange seems to be slightly better than T-Mobile for example. You can compare it yourself on these four maps:

t-mobile.pl/pl/…zasieg

http://www.plus.pl/mapa-zasiegu

https://www.orange.pl/view/mapazasiegu

https://www.play.pl/pomoc/mapa-zasiegu.html

Krakow, Poland
Level Contributor
686 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Which cell phone company is best ?

T-mobile is absolutely good if that's what you intended (i.e. good deals) but others are so as well. Don't overthink it too much, Poland is small and densely populated even in countryside, so the issues of phone coverage here are truly minimal compared to the US where obviously for many spacious terrains there is just little to no point in covering them.

If you look at the maps linked by JonDoe, basically the only areas where you can meet some kinda-larger consistent dead zones is if you drive to the mountains on the south, all the rest even in countryside those are ancidental areas and you'll catch the connection soon enough.

Mentioned in this post
Poland
Poland
Europe
Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
215 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which cell phone company is best ?

For a couple of years Orange and T-Mobile share the network infrastructure in Poland. The only difference can be the tariffs...

Mentioned in this post
Poland
Poland
Europe
Reply to: Which cell phone company is best ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted