We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prague Card

Which Prague hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Westbury, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Prague Card

We are visiting Prague for four days in June and we are thinking about purchasing a Prague card which is a 3 day pass which allows free entry to the castle and museums etc also unlimited travel on tram, bus and metro, the cost is 810kc with transportation and 590 without. Is it worth buying?

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
643 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Prague Card

This is my advice from November 2011:

I can give you a better answer if I know, which place you stay in Prague and what do you want to see there.

About www.praguecitycard.com :

If you go to Prague Castle - the basic ticket is 250 CZK and you can see St. Vitus, The Old Royal Palace, Basilica of St. George, Golden Lane. This can be a program for the half day. Do you think, will you be able to go to some other galleries or do you prefer just walk around Hradčany and Little Quarter area?

Jewish Museum (if you want to go there) is not included in the card and the ticket is 480 CZK for all parts . This is also for a half day + walk around The Old Town area can be the whole day program.

The price for Prague Card, 3 days is 1280 CZK( price for the adults) and you are limited by their choice, which is very big, but some places are not included, some places with a discount.. Public transport is easy, if you stay at the city centre.3 days ticket is 310 CZK.

You should make your own calculation....

Edited: 08 February 2012, 02:24
Llandudno, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Llandudno
Level Contributor
11,941 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Prague Card

A bit more information to add to Hannas .

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g274684-i94-k396…

Prague, Czech...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Prague Card

3 days Prague Card does not cost 1280 CZK as written above, just 990 CZK, and two day card even less, see at their pages. Slavek

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
643 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Prague Card

990 CZK without a public transport.

This year 1320 CZK public transport included.

www.praguecitycard.com

Best regards to all of you!

Malaysia
Level Contributor
169 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Prague Card

Just came back from a lovely 7 days trip to Prague. Didn't use the Prague Card and walked all over to the Prague Castle from Old Town. In my opinion, it is not worthwhile to get the card.

Heidelberg
Level Contributor
30 posts
234 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Prague Card

Hello

does anyone know if the cable car up to Petrin hill is included in the prague card?

Thank you

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
35,822 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Prague Card

www.praguecard.com/index.php…

Would your pass include public transport? Then yes as per the website.

Tralee, Ireland
Level Contributor
4 posts
355 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Prague Card

I got a Prague card for partner and myself. Collected in Airport and day went to book 2 hour bus trip which was included in deal. At bus kiosk we were told that the bus trip had already been taken. When I explained we had just arrived in Prague previous evening we could not possibly have taken tour. Both our cards showed same. We were asked if we had gone on the trip, did we buy the card off someone secondhand, or did we get it from friends. Was really embarrassing to be accused of trying to get free trip. We went to prague card office and told the cards were fine. Next morning we went to a different kiosk and told same as previous evening that the card had been used. Have emailed Prague card office twice but got no reply. Really took the gloss of what would have been a good buy.

Tehran, Iran
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Prague Card

Dear Hana

I will visit Prague in 9.5.14 for 2 days. i will receive from Munich by train and coming back to Vienna

I decide to visit famous castle and bridge and some church and ... in 2 days

can you guide me what is the economic ticket card or is better to pay directly?

Tehran, Iran
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Prague Card

Dear Hana

I will visit Prague in 9.5.14 for 2 days. i will receive from Munich by train and coming back to Vienna

I decide to visit famous castle and bridge and some church and ... in 2 days

can you guide me what is the economic ticket card or is better to pay directly?