We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last minute questions!

Which Prague hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
540 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Last minute questions!

Hi

We're off to Prague on Sunday and I have just a couple of questions (apologies if I am repeating previous posts).

We'll be arriving in Prague about 11 in the morning and will most likely get a taxi to our hotel (Green Lobster, Nerudova 43). Could someone give me some idea of what we might be charged? (Even as well seasoned travellers when we arrived in Rome last year we allowed ourselves to be seriously ripped off). And also tell me if there is a recommended taxi company?

Also how hot is it at the moment?? Over here in London it's sweltering.

And ... lastly are there any swimming pools in Prague?

Many thanks,

Lex :-)

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
1,683 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Last minute questions!

Quite warm this evening. Sat outside at a restaurant -- a shade warmer than I'd like, but not hot.

Get one of the AAA taxis from the stand outside the airport. Prices just went up again recently -- I'd guess it'd be around 600 CZK. AAA is a generally reliable company -- get a card with the number from the driver (rate is cheaper if you call rather than pick one from street or stand). Also good are Profi or City Taxi. Don't take random taxis unconnected to good companies off the street though.

N.Ireland
Level Contributor
83 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Last minute questions!

hi lex

There is a company called CEDAZ which has small minibuses running from outside the airport. You can share these with other travellers going to the same part of town { the drivers sort this out}. I found them very reasonable and efficient [and they spoke English] and you are dropped off at the door of your hotel. I would use them again.

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
28,243 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Last minute questions!

Weather - here's a 10-day forecast. It's a bit warmer than London... http://pocasi.idnes.cz/

Swimming pools - in the centre some of the major hotels might have swimming pools that are open to non-guests, but you don't want to waste your time there as they will be mostly indoors.

If you want to enjoy somewhere that the locals go to, check out Divoka Sarka www.ceece.org/_mgxroot/page_divoka_sarka.html

I think it costs about 50 Crowns entrance fee.

London, United...
Level Contributor
540 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Last minute questions!

Thanks so much for your replies.

Looks like our trip to Prague will be a hot and sweaty one, so let's hope the beer is cold! :-)

5. Re: Last minute questions!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2009, 01:17