We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3.5 days in Prague

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
81 posts
16 reviews
3.5 days in Prague

I'd like to start by saying II'll be coming from Munich and will see the Neuschwanstein Castle and possibly Dachau. From Prague I'll make my way to Vienna (day trip consisting of Melk Abbey then bike to Spitz) and then to Budapest (side trip to Eger).

I will be spending 3.5 days in Prague May 15-18 solo. I will do a walking tour either day 1 or 2, visit the Prague Castle, explore Old Town/Jewish Quarter, Charles Bridge, St. Vitus, Mucha Museum or Kampa Museum, Astronomical Clock and was considering a trip to Terezin. I know the Slav Epic will be on tour. I have no problems sitting down at a local pub to kill some time either so it looks like Riegrovy Sady Beer Garden would be a pretty good spot. Writing the activities I plan to do seems like a lot but I always think half of them can be done/seen in a couple hours. Cesky Krumlov seems a little too far for just a day trip and not stay over night. I was wondering what else people think is a must do while in Prague? Did I miss any good/fun museums? Are there any trips besides Terezin I should consider? Any input is greatly appreciated.

Also would love to hear everyone's recommendations for food and/or bars! Thanks in advance!

4 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
1,868 posts
1 review
1. Re: 3.5 days in Prague

Lidice maybe? not far from Prague...

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
248 posts
21 reviews
2. Re: 3.5 days in Prague

I will be in Prague around that period too. I am so disappointed that the Astronomical Clock will be closed in May.

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
20,015 posts
85 reviews
3. Re: 3.5 days in Prague

Cafe Louvre

Cafe Imperial

Cafe Slavia

Cafe Savoy

Kantyna