We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cesky Krumlov to Melk by public transportation

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Cesky Krumlov to Melk by public transportation

I will be in Cesky Krumlov in mid June with my husband and two teen aged boys. We are traveling by train to several countries. I am trying to figure out how to get from Cesky Krumlov to Melk by public transportation (we do not want to rent a car). I believe we may have to take a bus and then 2 trains. Does anyone have experience with this? If it requires 3 connections, we may do the shuttlebus option. Thanks!

4 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
1,781 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Cesky Krumlov to Melk by public transportation

check idos.cz for connection... you have to change three times. Not the best connection

Gyor, Hungary
Level Contributor
666 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cesky Krumlov to Melk by public transportation

The nicest way to arrive iy by the boat from Linz. This runs only on Saturdays.

https:/…

If you can fit this schedule into your itinerary you should arrive to Linz on Friday and spend the night there.

Getting from CK to Linz is easy under normal circumstances, but currently there's engineering works on that line and most trains are replaced by bus.

To catch to only trains running normally you need to leave CK in the morning. Get a bus or taxi to Kaplice - the nearest station on the line to Linz. Kaplice 8:38 Linz 10:07.

From Linz to melk you can get by train in around 1 hours, but you must change either in amstetten or in St. Pölten.

There's one direct train in the evening Linz 19:25 Melk 20:47.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cesky Krumlov to Melk by public transportation

Thanks so much. It sounds fairly complicated. I think the shuttle bus will be a better option. I am thinking of EU Shuttle Bus.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cesky Krumlov to Melk by public transportation

Also, the Linz boat sounds like it would be great - except that we aren't going on a Saturday. Thanks for the idea though.

Reply to: Cesky Krumlov to Melk by public transportation
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted