We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rafting

rochester, il
Level Contributor
46 posts
49 reviews
Rafting

Hi- are people rafting now on the river? We are coming at the end of May and that is something we specifically want to do. I am also wondering if there is food along the river on the way to Zlata Koruna or if that is just available late summer.

8 replies to this topic
Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
20,109 posts
85 reviews
1. Re: Rafting

Weekends..riverside places to eat/ drink have already started popping up

Edited: 14 May 2018, 06:13
rochester, il
Level Contributor
46 posts
49 reviews
2. Re: Rafting

We only have Thursday May 31 to raft. Does that mean since it’s not a weekend there won’t be any places (or less likely) to stop at to eat/drink?

Level Contributor
1,939 posts
1 review
3. Re: Rafting

There are camps along the way, check online if they are open. Are you rafting through Cesky Krumlov as well?

rochester, il
Level Contributor
46 posts
49 reviews
4. Re: Rafting

We want to start at Cesky Krumlov going to Zlata koruna. I’m not sure how to check online if camps are open because I wasn’t aware they had websites (hence posting here), but I’ll give it a try. Also I wasn’t sure if “camp” meant camping/picnicking or if they would have food for sale.

Level Contributor
1,939 posts
1 review
5. Re: Rafting

Looking at your section of the river on mapy.cz, I can see several camping sites and refreshment spots, some of them have websites, others don't. Check it out yourself, I can't help more than that

rochester, il
Level Contributor
46 posts
49 reviews
6. Re: Rafting

Thank you. I will check mapy.cz.

los angeles
Level Contributor
507 posts
129 reviews
7. Re: Rafting

Were you able to go? if yes, how was it? we are arriving in July and were also interested in doing this.

rochester, il
Level Contributor
46 posts
49 reviews
8. Re: Rafting

Hi, we went May 31 and it was awesome! The dam bypasses were only slightly tricky as we weren’t going completely in sync at first, but after the first one it was a piece of cake and added a small thrill. The water in town is really slow. We drifted through town to take in the scenery, then only casually rowed (4-7 person raft- we had 5 people) until U Milana. There was good low level occasional rapids that kept the water moving but it definitely was more of a float trip. We saw two places open for food before U Milana that had no one there. A huge crowd of two-person canoes overtook us and made a huge line for food at U Milana that took 15 min extra. They had beer, yummy grilled sausage and bread and a sweet pancake of some sort that we did not try. We left and rowed continuously till the takeout after that. The outfit we went with was Malacek which gave us the choice of not wearing life vests which is what we elected. They also gave us the choice of calling for a ride back or giving a time which is what we did and they were there on time. Weather was perfect- like low 80s and threatening rain at the end. The nature that we floated through was forested and beautiful. Totally recommend.

Reply to: Rafting
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted