We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from Brasov to Cluj

Co. Derry
Level Contributor
18 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Train from Brasov to Cluj

A very specific question that I cannot get the answer from the CFR website. I have to travel between Brasov and Cluj to get a flight home. I intend to get a sleeper train. There are 2 options IRN1741 which arrives in at 5am which is a bit early, but seems to be direct, or IRN1641 which is listed as a direct train arriving at 7.43 which is better . However when I look up the timetable, the IRN1641 doesn't go to Cluj at all. The closest it goes is Dej. There is not much point in getting a sleeper if I have to get off early and change to a day train in Dej. Does anyone know if they split that train with through coaches to Cluj or is it a get off and change of trains at Dej.

Thank you

Mentioned in this post
Brasov
Brasov
Brasov County, Romania
3 replies to this topic
Timisoara, Romania
Level Contributor
241 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Train from Brasov to Cluj

Yes, IRN1641 has direct sleeper coaches for Cluj, you do not need to change trains

Co. Derry
Level Contributor
18 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train from Brasov to Cluj

Thank You Mihail. I'm very much looking forward to going to your country. I am very sure it is different to the last time I visited - in 1981

Europe
Level Contributor
155 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Train from Brasov to Cluj

You can find more information here : www.forumtrenuri.com

Members know english.

Reply to: Train from Brasov to Cluj
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Central Romania