We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vineyards

Which Mudgee hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle, Great...
8 posts
Save Topic
Vineyards

Will be in Sydney next January and planned to spend some time in the Hunter Valley. Have heard that there is something similar at Mudgee. Any advice anyone?

sydney
Level Contributor
32 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vineyards

Mudgee produces some lovely wines but is quite a hike from Sydney. I think it is worth a visit however as you will experience a real sense of the Australian bush but within the sophisticated setting that only a wine town has.

Lauralla Guesthouse offers lovely accomodation and a fantastic restuarant (The Grapevine Restuarant).

If you do get to Mudgee you must visit Peterson's Wines (they are also in the Hunter Valley). They produce some beautiful big reds (it's that Mudgee terrior).

On another point, when visiting the Hunter you really should contemplete visiting the beautiful beach city of Newcastle (often overlooked). Beaches are clean ,stunning, lots of interesting architecture and some great restuarants (anything in Darby Street is good).

Good accomodation abounds.

Enjoy!

Bathurst, Australia
Level Contributor
52 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vineyards

Please check out my web site

www.foodandwinetrails.com.au

I have a trail that goes to Mudgee through a historical gold mining town called Hill End..

Deborah

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
12,453 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vineyards

We loved Mudgee. It is very different ot the Hunter in that towns are small and quaint and the countryside is very pretty. Some fantastic old buildings especially in Hill End. Also the wineries are smaller. Some good restaurants too. Also look out for the lavender farms and the craft shops and galleries.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
29,957 posts
1,361 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vineyards

I also love Mudgee....it's so much better than the Hunter Valley.......

Hill End I second........it's so interesting....you will not be disappointed.

Bathurst, Australia
Level Contributor
52 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vineyards

Another place worth going to is Bathurst which has some great wineries and cafes.

I have a trail that also goes to Cowra from Bathurst which is really popular place for some top wines.

see www.foodandwinetrails.com.au

All the best with your plans to see how great country.

Deborah

www.inapickle.biz

Get answers to your questions about Mudgee