We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

more details about Roses

Riberac, France
Level Contributor
234 posts
48 reviews
more details about Roses

Hi i am thinking about haveing a 6 night holiday in Roses, but i would like to know.

What is the best hotel 3 or 4 star to stay in

Is there any nightlife in Roses, IE, bars restaurants to walk to.

They have a long beach Road are there shops/ pubs and restaurants along there or in a central location,

I cant see at all IF THEIR IS A NICE NOT TACKY, holiday feeling, i am not looking for loads of seaside stuff couldn't stand that like loret de mar, but some nice restaurants and pubs with a bit of life to them.

If this isnt i Roses anyone recommend a place along the costa brava before Barcelona

Looking to book soon, help please, we have a car

Palafrugell, Spain
Level Contributor
1,325 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: more details about Roses

Can't answer for hotels or evening night life because we only do day visits, but Roses is a small town popular with French visitors with plenty of bars and restaurants. The main part runs along a long large south-facing beach until the port, and then just after the port are two really chic beaches and bays (Canyelles Gran and Petit) that get busy in summer. Facilities nearby include a water park or there are walks into the hills of Cap de Creus. If you have a car, Figueres, Cadaques, Sant Pere de Rodes and down to L'Escala/Empuries are worth visiting. The main Roses town is quite modern in style, but the old village used to sit entirely in the still existing Ciutadella next door, which is also worth visiting.

Riberac, France
Level Contributor
234 posts
48 reviews
2. Re: more details about Roses

Thank you for your reply, I appreciate that, i just couldn't see if there were bars

3. Re: more details about Roses

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 February 2018, 16:16
Get answers to your questions about Roses