We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

gluten free eating

Which Noosa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
nz
Level Contributor
108 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
gluten free eating

Any hints for gluten free friendly cafes and restaurants in Noosa please?

Bangkok, Thailand
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: gluten free eating

I am wondering about this, too. However, after living abroad for the last 3 years, and visiting various countries, I have discovered the best way to stay gluten-free is to rent a holiday apt with a kitchen. And cook your own meals. Too many people think gluten-free is bread only.

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
16,954 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: gluten free eating

A lot of restaurants now specify Gluten Free items in the menu and many also serve GF bread. You can always ask the chef. You should know what you can and can't eat so just pick menu items that suit you.

I have a friend who is a foodie and also gluten intolerant. She and her husband eat out at least 3 times a week and she has yet to leave a restaurant hungry because there was nothing on the menu she could eat.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,838 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: gluten free eating

Organika is great! I'm not sure about their gluten free selection.

Edited: 14 June 2013, 14:02
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
6,168 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: gluten free eating

We have a gluten-free eating directory in Australia...

http://www.glutenfreeeatingdirectory.com.au/

As far as cafe's are concerned... I don't know what's in Noosa because I'm down in Melbourne, but these are large chain cafes...

The Muffin Break do one or two gluten-free muffins.

The Coffee Club usually has Almond loaf, date and honey loaf and a few other things gluten-free. (Some are marked 'low gluten' but the items are gluten free - they are just marked 'low gluten' because they are cut and wrapped in the shop - not at the place they are produced.)

Gloria Jean's Coffee usually do something gluten-free - even if it's only a biscuit.

Every McDonalds that has a McCafe section seems to do a few things gluten free.... a friand, a chocolate Jaffa cake, and gluten-free biscuits are the usual things.

Nando's do gluten free meals (chicken and rice - not the chips)

Taco Bill Mexican restaurants do gluten free.

The Coeliac Society has a list of gluten-free restaurants. The Queensland section is found here;

http://www.coeliac.org.au/qld/restaurants.asp

Happy Eating. :)

perth,W.A
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: gluten free eating

What was probably my biggest surprise in Australia was the menu at the Australia Zoo. Not only is the zoo a must, and probably the biggest attraction on the Sunshine Coast, but their entire menuhad clearly labelled gluten free items. They even had gluten free sausages and cakes..

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
6,168 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: gluten free eating

Oh. Dominos Pizza do a few gluten-free pizzas.

It isn't all that hard to get an evening meal gluten free providing you go to the mid range and above restaurants. (The cheaper ones just use imported sauces etc and don't usually know what is in those sauces). The Coeliac society are doing all they can to educate people about the needs of coeliacs. The cheaper eating places and food courts aren't very good though, but you can find a few outlets that will do a gluten-free wrap.

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
202 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: gluten free eating

Gluten free eating in Noosa:

Organika

Belmondo's Organic Food Market - deli section and good casual cafe food

Farmers Market on Sunday

Raw Energy on Gympie Terrace and in Peregian Beach

New Organic Cafe just opened next to Raw Energy in Peregian Beach (forgot the name)

Most cafes and restaurants clearly label their menu now for gluten free options.

8. Re: gluten free eating

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2014, 15:17