We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Single night stay - any accommodation recommendations?

UK
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Single night stay - any accommodation recommendations?

Hi all,

We're looking for a place to stay one night in August for around $200 - presumably 3-4 star. All the places we like the look of (Lookout Resort, Outrigger) only seem to offer 3 nights minimum.

We're not stopping long as we'll arrive kind of mid-afternoon and we're leaving the next morning at about 6am, so it doesn't have to be central or anything - just nice :)

Cheers,

Martin

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,132 posts
1,404 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Single night stay - any accommodation recommendations?

have a look on www.wotif.com.au this is an excellent webpage for getting an overview of rates/description and location of the hotels available. Just go into Queensland/sunshine coast/noosa.

After your decision check out rates via the hotel web address/e-mail or phone the hotel for rates...shop around and I'm sure you will find something that suits your budget.

Depending whether your arriving by air or car there are other options available close to Noosa like Twin Waters, Mooloolaba and Alexander Headland which also have excellent accommodation and are close to the airport and Noosa.

UK
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Single night stay - any accommodation recommendations?

We're coming by car, after leaving Brisbane and visiting Beerwah. The next morning we leave early to go to Tin Can Bay for the dolphins - and then on to Hervey Bay. We'd like to stay near Noosa Heads just to keep that early drive as short as possible :)

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,132 posts
1,404 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Single night stay - any accommodation recommendations?

try the breakfree french quarters (on Hasting Street.)great position.

also look on www.noosa.com.au - you can book through this site for this hotel, it seems to allow one night bookings.

SEQ, Australia
Level Contributor
2,175 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Single night stay - any accommodation recommendations?

Look, I had a very similar question to this last week and the choice on "one night" hotels in Noosa Heads is limited.

If your budget can stretch to $300 then check out the Sheraton Noosa. Great Hotel and location.

We booked through wotif.com.au/ and found it a bit less than the hotel website at present.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
235 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Single night stay - any accommodation recommendations?

Book the Sheration if you want upmarket accommodation right on Hastings Street.

If you just want a clean, comfy, inexpensive motel style room for the night I would recommend The Anchor Motel at Noosaville. We stayed there one Saturday night Christmas 2006 and the room was A$99. It is close by to plenty of cafes and restaurants in Noosaville and is less than a ten minute drive into Hastings Street which is the main, trendy street of Noosa.

I would not be panicking about booking a room early. You are travelling in August which is our winter and is not school holidays. There are literally hundreds of accommodation places on offer. I guarantee every accommodation place will have vacancies advertised on boards out the front and most of them would rather allow one nights accommodation than none.

UK
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Single night stay - any accommodation recommendations?

The Sheraton is a bit out of our price range - and the single review of the Anchor on this website is a little off putting!

Anyone with any other ideas?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Single night stay - any accommodation recommendations?

http://www.onthebeachnoosa.com.au/page4.html

On The Beach. If you can stretch it, this is a fantastic place to stay with the best views of Noosa.

If you're arriving late, leaving early I also suggest looking at places on Gympie Terrace at Noosaville just 5 mins drive north of Noosa. Lovely views over the Noosa River and back to Noosa and a bit cheaper.

brisbane
Level Contributor
100 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Single night stay - any accommodation recommendations?

Hi Martin,

You could try "The Hastings". I would class it 3.5 star. We stayed for 1 night last July in a 2 bedroom apartment for around $160 (from memory) It is next door to the Sheraton and was fine for the 4 of us. They back on to Hastings St and have a gate that opens directly on to it. It was clean and comfy, split level with a living area on the first level and 2 bedrooms upstairs. It certainly isn't the Sheraton but we couldn't complain for the price.

9. Re: Single night stay - any accommodation recommendations?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2009, 22:21