We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manjimup to Pemberton

Which Pemberton hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Italy
Level Contributor
802 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Manjimup to Pemberton

I'm watching the best scenic drive, I'm thinking pass to Fonty's pool, then Seven day road until Court road and then Stirling Pump.

I don't know if worth a visit beedelup falls or better to visit Warren N.P. what do you think about?

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Western Australia
Level Contributor
3,405 posts
283 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Manjimup to Pemberton

They're both worthy of a visit.

There are some nice walks in Beedelup National Park. The falls themselves are really easy to get to, right off the Vasse Highway and a short walk in.

Warren National Park is home to the Dave Evans Bicentennial Tree, one of the area’s three climbing trees and the tallest treetop lookout in the world. Lots of walks here too.

If you want something entirely different, you might look into visiting D'Entrecasteaux National Park near Northcliffe. Easy to reach from Pemberton.

A J
Subiaco, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Margaret River
Level Contributor
2,809 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Manjimup to Pemberton

Just be aware that a good portion of those roads is unsealed. If you are using a hire car check the conditions of rental. An alternative sealed road following a similar route would be along Channybearup Rd. Still very scenic IMO.

Italy
Level Contributor
802 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Manjimup to Pemberton

unsaeled? mmm ...but I think it's easy to find sealed roads around if I want visit both

A J
Subiaco, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,809 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Manjimup to Pemberton

Most backroads around Pemberton are unsealed and some (Stirling Pump Rd for example) start out sealed and end up gravel. Only route from Southwestern Hwy to Beedleup that is sealed is Channybearup Rd. that Im aware of.

A J
Subiaco, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,809 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Manjimup to Pemberton

I should probably mention that all roads in the Warren River N.P. are unsealed too.

Italy
Level Contributor
802 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Manjimup to Pemberton

sometime unsealed roads are like sealed road. I did 3 days of unsealed in catlins region NZ without problems. But now I would avoid when if possible unsealed even if I think that only few kilometers don't cause problem fo a 2wd car. for example if I do the channybearup rd (or Seven day rd if all sealed) and wasse hwy remain few unsealed road for reach the Beedelup falls that I can do, if in good rd condition, of course.

The same I think if I want to reach the Cascades near Pemberton.

The other question could be: Can I reach Lake Yeagarup by ritter rd (unsealed) and see the dunes from there? I have to check the road

A J
Subiaco, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,809 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Manjimup to Pemberton

Yes, you can reach Lake Yeagarup by 2WD. From there you can walk approx 1.5kms to the dunes.

8. Re: Manjimup to Pemberton

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 February 2011, 16:19
Get answers to your questions about Pemberton