We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ride from the Airport at Perth to Albany WA on June 2 ; 12PM

Level Contributor
24 posts
ride from the Airport at Perth to Albany WA on June 2 ; 12PM

Hello Mates...

Coming all the way from the Good old USA to run a marathon in Ellekers (Nearby Albany) ... unfortunately will be missing both the flight connection and the bus departure that day :( not wanting to miss my race.. Oh NO... PLS help mates!!

6 replies to this topic
Fremantle, Australia
Level Contributor
4,502 posts
68 reviews
1. Re: ride from the Airport at Perth to Albany WA on June 2 ; 12PM

Oh no. I see your problem- only one flight that day and bus early.

Maybe contact the local Athletics Club who are running the event to see if they have a solution for you.

http://albanyaths.myclub.org.au

Problem is the Perth based athletes who will be competing are likely to be driving down to Albany early Saturday morning or Friday afternoon in order to prepare for the event.

Any chance of changing flights into Perth in order to make the connection to Albany?

I would not recommend hiring a car for the drive if you have come from any long flight. The drive takes 5 hours and can be tiring, especially if you aren’t used to road conditions.

Level Contributor
24 posts
2. Re: ride from the Airport at Perth to Albany WA on June 2 ; 12PM

Thanks Jean... Bummer!! did not know how difficult this could be... now, thinking even renting a car?? how feasible is that??

thanks again...

Level Contributor
24 posts
3. Re: ride from the Airport at Perth to Albany WA on June 2 ; 12PM

Oh Jean...

the race is on Sunday.. that might a bit of a difference for late comers out of Perth???

thanks

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
25,052 posts
70 reviews
4. Re: ride from the Airport at Perth to Albany WA on June 2 ; 12PM

Most people driving down from Perth would have started in the morning. Few would plan to do much driving at and after dusk, dues to the kangaroos which can be on the road then.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,118 posts
117 reviews
5. Re: ride from the Airport at Perth to Albany WA on June 2 ; 12PM

The Albany around the houses classic car races are on that weekend also. Have you booked accommodation ? There should be a convoy of people going down for the weekend, I don't know anybody unfortunately. Maybe putting a free classified wanted ad on Gumtree may get some luck ?

Cornwall, United...
Level Contributor
4,017 posts
73 reviews
6. Re: ride from the Airport at Perth to Albany WA on June 2 ; 12PM

Facebook might also be useful! Look for any of those group pages and put in a plea.

Reply to: ride from the Airport at Perth to Albany WA on June 2 ; 12PM
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted