We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

surf comp

Which Torquay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary
2 posts
Save Topic
surf comp

When is the big surfing competition at Bells Beach? We will be visiting Victoria in March/April and would like to see it.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
3,247 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: surf comp

Its held over the Easter period, this year from March 18 to 29.

visitvictoria.com/displayobject.cfm/objectid…

Try the walk along the cliff tops from Jan Juc to Bells. Its about 6kms with some spectacular scenery.

Bellarine...
Destination Expert
for Victoria
Level Contributor
3,778 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: surf comp

AJ is right on the money, take the walk out to Bells and enjoy the scenery along the way. The track winds along the cliff top and from Jan Juc it is reef surf breaks all the way. Places like Bird Rock, Boobs and Winki Pop are all top class breaks and can be seen from the cliff top path. Try and watch the weather, as well as a surf report on the net to get the best conditions. Light northerlies are the best winds, any winds from the south will mean choppy conditions.

If you want to surf yourself, you can hire boards at Torquay or Anglesea.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
3,247 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: surf comp

Willnino

Although I had a beach house at Jan juc all through my growing uo years and I had been to Bells many times, I had never walked along the clifftops. Thanks to your advice I did this in the last few weeks and loved it, GREAT SCENERY. Thanks for the advice and I will pass it on to others. Even thinking about trying to get fir enough and doing the fun run / walk organised by the JAn Juc LSC there and back along the walkway (NEXT YEAR). ;-}}

4. Re: surf comp

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2009, 22:15
Get answers to your questions about Torquay
More Torquay Topics