We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bicheno Glass bottom boats

Singapore, Singapore
9 posts
Bicheno Glass bottom boats

Can someone advice me if this is a worth while outing . We are planning to be there mid Nov. Any links or reviews for it?

Sydney
Level Contributor
2,691 posts
25 reviews
1. Re: Bicheno Glass bottom boats

I've done the glass bottom boats there, and enjoyed it. They were very knowledgeable and friendly.

It is not the great barrier reef - so don't expect the colourful marine life. It is something quite different.

That said, I don't think I'd be snorkelling in Tasmania, so the glass bottom boat was the only way I was going to see it.

Any specific questions?

1 post
2 reviews
2. Re: Bicheno Glass bottom boats

Today we went out on the glass bottom boat, the weather was good, sea was calm, the operator of the boat was a young guy who grew up in Bicheno, and knew everything there was to know about fish and the area. He had pet mackerel he fed to follow his boat, was great' We saw lots of species of fish,stingrays, and different seaweeds not to mention 60 year old train wheels and old chains from years gone by. Last but not least we could see a couple of seals sun baking on rocks in the distance. We think the glass bottom boat was worth the trip, and we thank the charming young boat operator that kept us entertained.

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
31,294 posts
77 reviews
3. Re: Bicheno Glass bottom boats

This is an old thread, but this may help new readers: bichenopenguintours.com.au/bichenos-glass-bo…

Bundaberg, Australia
3 posts
4. Re: Bicheno Glass bottom boats

Thank you!, in May 2015 the guide went out of his way to take only 3 of use out, my wife ,sister inlaw and myself. The tour was very interesting, relaxed and informative. We loved every minute and it was well worth the money. Wayne and Vicki Bundaberg Qld

Bundaberg, Australia
3 posts
5. Re: Bicheno Glass bottom boats

Thank you!, in May 2015 the guide went out of his way to take only 3 of use out, my wife ,sister inlaw and myself. The tour was very interesting, relaxed and informative. We loved every minute and it was well worth the money. Wayne and Vicki Bundaberg Qld

Bundaberg, Australia
3 posts
6. Re: Bicheno Glass bottom boats

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
31,294 posts
77 reviews
7. Re: Bicheno Glass bottom boats

You can submit a review here: tripadvisor.com.au/Attraction_Review-g261650…

8. Re: Bicheno Glass bottom boats

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2018, 16:18
Get answers to your questions about Bicheno