We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car hire costs

Herne Bay, United...
Level Contributor
93 posts
105 reviews
53 helpful votes
Car hire costs
Save

Hi we are coming to Trinity Beach in December 16, can anybody advise on a rough cost of car hire?

We will be based here for 3 weeks around Christmas so any advice on"must see" in the area will be appreciated .

We are hoping to explore the reef from various trips we have booked but would like a few ideas. Thanks

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
16,921 posts
35 reviews
15 helpful votes
1. Re: Car hire costs
Save

Hopefully you know the weather will be hot/humid and can be rain.

http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/averages/tables/cw_031011.shtml

look at http://www.vroomvroomvroom.com.au for car choice/prices - you may need to pick up/drop off in Cairns or airport (check prices).

Read all the FAQ on top right side of Cairns forum - 3 weeks will give you time to drive around - look at Atherton Tablelands, Cooktown, Chillagoe Caves, Mission Beach/Tully

Queensland
Level Contributor
1,048 posts
195 reviews
131 helpful votes
2. Re: Car hire costs
Save

I agree with the above. I've just discovered http://vroomvroomvroom.com.au recently and rented my latest car through them. More than happy with the site. I often rent cars in Cairns using discounts or corporate rates but none compared to the rates I got on this site. I did some checking, the same car type after discount was $85 and $75 per day through my two regular car hire companies "after discount". I found the same car type on Vroomvroom vroom for $35 per day with same conditions. It may not always be this way but I was happy. Do note that if you are hiring for more than 7 days, heavy discounts apply so please research before taking advice.

Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
17 helpful votes
3. Re: Car hire costs
Save

Trinity Beach is a great location to stay and explore from. I can not advise on car rental prices as it was part of our package deal. The beach is great for walking, but only swim in netted area were life guards are. The reef is fabulous and we took it out of Port Douglas, there are many options, but we took the Quicksilver cruise and it was fabulous. We were just there so weather was great, it was not packed with people and we never had to wait in line for any attractions or meals, although I can see that happening as this is a tourist area. Cairns Airport is small but easy to get around and we dropped off our car there, with no problems.

The train to Karunda (i think that is the correct spelling) and sky rail back to Cairns is a must. It is about $100.0 per person but a great day out and a great way to see the rainforest. It is only 15 minutes from Trinity Beach.

The shopping in Port Douglas is great, and they also have a fabulous beach. Trinity Beach is more residential than Port Douglas, but I feel a better location as almost everything is on the beach, condos, and resorts. It is also smaller and the restaurants, although not a lot of them are wonderful.

Hope this helps.

Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
498 posts
10 reviews
4 helpful votes
4. Re: Car hire costs
Save

Car rental prices are dynamic - they change wih demand and with anticipated demand along with other factors. Whilst they often go up they can also come down. Generally there are no fees to cancel a booking so if you can find something now which suits its best to book it and watch for better deals ahead. Often specials are short term and only go forward for 3 months or less.

1 post
5. Re: Car hire costs
Save

The current prices are ridiculous compared to this time in 2019.Cheaper catching a taxi.

6. Re: Car hire costs

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity.

What are forum guidelines?
Get answers to your questions about Trinity Beach
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Australia. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.