We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palm Cove vs Trinity Beach

NZ
1 post
Palm Cove vs Trinity Beach

Hi - eek! - partner and I are having 5 or 6 days Nthn Queensland mid September and just cannot decide on which beach/accom. Not fussed on big towns - but would like a bit to wander around and look at. in the evening Would like to stay on beach - somehwere without too many children - 4 or 5 star ok. But! - just cannot decide between Palm Cove or Trinity Beach!!! HELP - can anyone advise....? or another beach....? Thnks!!

Sydney
2 posts
1. Re: Palm Cove vs Trinity Beach

Trinity Beach is smaller than Palm Cove. It only has a couple of places to eat, but does have undoubtably the best place, Atlantis, which just won some award. We stayed at both Palm Cove and Trinity Beach. If you want to sit on the verandah and chill out, go to Trinity Beach. However Palm Cove has a better feel to it because it is prettier. Expect slower-than-city service, ie. 30 minute wait for breakfast at the cheap Palm Cove waterfront cafe.

Sydney
2 posts
2. Re: Palm Cove vs Trinity Beach

Forgot to mention that you should ask each place you intend to stay if there is any building going on nearby. All over the coast there are huge new resorts and apartments going up. I wouldn't want to be trying to chill out to the sound of jack hammers. We stayed at Meridien at Trinity Beach and there were excavations for a large new apartment block next door. They only just started so I'd avoid Meridien for some months to come. There are plenty of other places to choose from.

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for Norfolk Island, Noosaville, Rarotonga
Level Contributor
7,014 posts
268 reviews
558 helpful votes
3. Re: Palm Cove vs Trinity Beach

There are more than 2 eating places in Trinity Beach - more like half a dozen. But I do agree that Atlantis is the pick of the bunch.

Palm Cove is bigger, has more restaurants, but from what I've seen accommodation in Trinity Beach is more reasonably priced.

Mornington...
Level Contributor
6,754 posts
31 reviews
76 helpful votes
4. Re: Palm Cove vs Trinity Beach

can recommend Palm Coves Sanctuary Palm Cove or sebel reef house, both offer deals, just email and ask.

Sebel doesnt attract many children.

Lil xx

USA
1 post
5. Re: Palm Cove vs Trinity Beach

I think Trinity Beach is much better. It's quieter and does not have the the bus loads of tourists going up and down all day. We stayed in Trinity Beach at Sea Change Beachfront Apartments - what paradise. These apartments were luxurious and great value. Great ocean views and large, spacious apartments. They were beautifully furnished and had everything !! They had broadband internet, large spas, a great Manager, and beautiful pool. We have not stayed anywhere better in all our overseas trips. Trinity Beach is a lovely spot to stay - good restaurants, new pub, and clean beach. Palm Cove is very over rated.

St Kilda
2 posts
6. Re: Palm Cove vs Trinity Beach

abhm mentions jackhammers at the Meridien at Trinity - wrong.

We have just returned to stay at the Meridien at Trinity and I can report that all earth works next to the back building have been completed and the small development is well under way.

No noise and from the Beachfront Apartments (where we are staying) you will not see or be disturbed by the development.

Trinity Beach is a fabulous tropical village with a beach that has been awarded 3 times "Cleanest in Queensland" .

And 30 seconds walk from the Meridien beach gate is the Atlantis restaurant - just awarded Queenslands Best New Restaurant and Best BYO Restaurant as well. The food is to die for. We keep going back. Atmosphere under a tent is great and relaxed.

We come here twice every year - couldn't recommend Trinity Beach highly enough.

Gippsland, Australia
Level Contributor
53 posts
37 reviews
21 helpful votes
7. Re: Palm Cove vs Trinity Beach

We have stayed at Trinity Beach six times in the last two years and can't wait to go back again. Trinity is a lot cheaper and more family-oriented than Palm Cove - our teenage kids were very comfortable walking around the town. We actually got married on the beach there - and we love eating at either L'Unico or the tavern.

Gippsland, Australia
Level Contributor
53 posts
37 reviews
21 helpful votes
8. Re: Palm Cove vs Trinity Beach

We have stayed at Trinity Beach six times in the last two years and can't wait to go back again. Trinity is a lot cheaper and more family-oriented than Palm Cove - our teenage kids were very comfortable walking around the town. We actually got married on the beach there - and we love eating at either L'Unico or the tavern.

Gippsland, Australia
Level Contributor
53 posts
37 reviews
21 helpful votes
9. Re: Palm Cove vs Trinity Beach

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
8 posts
9 reviews
11 helpful votes
10. Re: Palm Cove vs Trinity Beach

I've now stayed in the Trinity Beach area 3 time in the last year. It's certainly alot quieter and cheaper than Palm Cove, and in my opinion alot more user friendly. It has all the amenties that one may need (Supermarket, Butcher, Newsagent, Broadbad 'Net access) all within easy walking distance of your accommodation. Try Atlantis Restaurant for an evening meal. The food is fantastic and the atmosphere is great. The local tavern (recently refurbished and now on a new site) is also a must visit. Good food, prompt service and not a bad place to catch a cooling seabreeze in the afternoon.

© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Australia. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.