We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Supermarket in/near Trinity Beach?

Canton of Valais...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
70,042 posts
263 reviews
385 helpful votes
Supermarket in/near Trinity Beach?

We will staying at Sea Change Apts in November - is there a reasonable supermarket in or near Trinity Beach?

Adelaide
2 posts
1 review
1. Re: Supermarket in/near Trinity Beach?

yes- its just a small supermarket with everything our family needed to eat for two weeks in our apartment. They have a courtesy bus to bring you back to the apartment for a gold coin donation.

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
2,838 posts
7 reviews
15 helpful votes
2. Re: Supermarket in/near Trinity Beach?

If travelling from Cairns stop in to stock up at Smithfield shopping mall enroute. Right by the next roundabout after skyrail turnoff. If you worry you miss it take Kuranda turn off and enter the back and navigate maze of car park to shopping mall area.

Canton of Valais...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
70,042 posts
263 reviews
385 helpful votes
3. Re: Supermarket in/near Trinity Beach?

Thank you both! The supermarket at Trinity Beach sounds like it will be useful if we forget stuff at the other one. We will have a car and a Sat Nav so hopefully we can find out way!

Since I posted this request however I have been told about (and have used) a service called http://www.shopforyou.com - you put in your shopping order and they deliver to the flat, even putting milk butter wine etc into the fridge. Quite impressive. I sent in an order to get us through the Sat evening and it was acknowledged so I trust it works!

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
2,838 posts
7 reviews
15 helpful votes
4. Re: Supermarket in/near Trinity Beach?

Hambagahle, That is a spam link from hell, frames and all. Are you sure that was the site.

Canton of Valais...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
70,042 posts
263 reviews
385 helpful votes
5. Re: Supermarket in/near Trinity Beach?

I hope so - but it is possible I omitted something and will check. I have checked - and you are right!! It is not the address. the correct address is:

http://www.pleaseshopforme.com/au

I am very sorry I got it wrong. Apologies all round!

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
2,838 posts
7 reviews
15 helpful votes
6. Re: Supermarket in/near Trinity Beach?

Should be no worries, caught it quick !

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
2,838 posts
7 reviews
15 helpful votes
7. Re: Supermarket in/near Trinity Beach?

Ham

Not much better when I clicked that link.

Word of advice for Australian websites. In order to get an address with ending... com.au (dot, not slash) a company needs to have a Australian Business Number and be registered with the tax department. Even though no business can ever be guaranteed this process does add some integrity to sites that have web addresses that end com.au.

Canton of Valais...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
70,042 posts
263 reviews
385 helpful votes
8. Re: Supermarket in/near Trinity Beach?

Verdant - that is Very Useful information...for which many thanks! Once we return from our trip I will let you know how the shopping order went!

All the best

Western Australia...
Level Contributor
1 post
33 reviews
26 helpful votes
9. Re: Supermarket in/near Trinity Beach?

Verdant definitely has the right idea. The supermarket in Trinity is a very small IGA with limited range, high prices and pretty grotty. We prefereed to go to Smithfield for a full size Coles or Woolworths as well as specialty shops. However, next to the Trinity supermarket there is a very, very good butcher as well as an adaquate video store if you need DVD's for the kids.The owner will rent to tourists on presentation of a drivers liscence.

Canton of Valais...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
70,042 posts
263 reviews
385 helpful votes
10. Re: Supermarket in/near Trinity Beach?

Thanks Bob

Have made note about the butchers (very useful info that!) and that I should go to Coles. my sister who lived in Hiatt (nr Melbourne) took me to one at Southland once. The best supermarket I have ever seen in my life and far far better than anything we have here in Switzerland! So I shall go to Coles.

We are too old for children so not much interested in DVD's - thanks for the information anyway! I realyl aprpeciate it.

© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Australia. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.