We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotair Ballooning from Uluru?

London, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Hotair Ballooning from Uluru?

We're planning a few days in Uluru in Feb. I've always wanted to try hotair ballooning, but we can't really afford the time or expense of travelling to Alice Spings. Does anyone know if it's possible to do this from Uluru?

And anyone who has tried this in Alice Springs - is it worth it?

Darwin
Level Contributor
2,096 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotair Ballooning from Uluru?

Not sure that you can actually do this at Uluru. Voyages would have it up on their website if it could be done. The only link is to Alice Springs. I don't recall seeing anything advertised to do it whilst I was last there.

Lou

ayersrockresort.com.au/hot-air-ballooning/

Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
131 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotair Ballooning from Uluru?

Hi- i don't think you can do hot air ballooning at Uluru- it would be great if you could wouldn't it ! How are you getting to Uluru ? Some flights fly direct but some go through Alice Springs, that's all, so if you were flying, spending a night en-route to Uluru really wouldn't cost much more. I've done a hot air balloon flight in Alice Springs and it was wonderful. A couple of days and nights at Uluru will be plenty to see everything so if you have a 3rd day and as it's something you've always wanted to do- i'd spend it in Alice Springs and take your balloon flight.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotair Ballooning from Uluru?

At the moment you definately cant hot air balloon at Uluru. Hopefully its not too far in the future until this will be available though...

4. Re: Hotair Ballooning from Uluru?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 June 2011, 14:17
Get answers to your questions about Uluru-Kata Tjuta...