We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Portland Shore Excursion

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
37 posts
28 reviews
20 helpful votes
Portland Shore Excursion

We are hoping to be in Portland on our cruise December 30. Am looking for a day trip to Port Fairy and a winery. Yes, I know this cruise may not happen.

3 replies to this topic
Geelong...
Destination Expert
for Geelong, Great Ocean Road
Level Contributor
11,529 posts
51 reviews
18 helpful votes
1. Re: Portland Shore Excursion

I would have a look and see what shore excursions the ship is offering. I also would investigate the possibility of hiring a car to visit Port Fairy and nearby Tower Hill state nature reserve. Portland to Port Fairy will take around one hour each way by road. I have no idea if a private shore excursion can be arranged to Port Fairy from Portland one useful resource is to contact the visitor centre at Portland and see what they offer in the way of local tours keeping in mind the limited time you will have ashore.

I’m a seasoned cruiser myself but IMO can’t see cruise ships being allowed into Australian ports until well into 2021. Good luck with this I’d be interested in seeing how this works out for you.

Edited: 3 years ago
Australind...
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
28,434 posts
72 reviews
91 helpful votes
2. Re: Portland Shore Excursion

Try messaging the visitor centre to get the most up to date information - https://www.visitvictoria.com/regions/Great-Ocean-Road/Travel-information/Visitor-information-centres/Portland-Visitor-Information-Centre.aspx

Ballarat, Australia
Level Contributor
9,797 posts
111 reviews
58 helpful votes
3. Re: Portland Shore Excursion

I think the only international visitors who will be allowed into Australia this year will be Kiwis.

Reply to: Portland Shore Excursion
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Portland
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Australia. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.