We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BBQ pits on beaches

Singapore
Level Contributor
2,291 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
BBQ pits on beaches

A few BBQ questions...

1. I read somewhere that there are gas barbeque pits on the beaches along Surfers Paradise and other beaches on the Gold Coast. If I want to use one, do I need to book in advance and if so, how is it done?

2. Have'nt used a gas BBQ in past so not sure how it actually works. Do the BBQs have gas supply or does the user have to arrange his own (small cylinder?).

3. Are there shops in Surfers paradise which sell ready marinated meat and other ready to go BBQ items?

Thanks for all the replies...

Brisbane
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
3,249 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: BBQ pits on beaches

I'm pretty sure they're electric, certainly the are in Brisbane. They are also more of a Hot Plate than a BBQ pit and are set back from the sand as lighting fires on the beaches are prohibited. You'll find most butchers will sell marinated meats as well as the odd supermarket.

Oscar

Surfers Paradise...
Destination Expert
for Gold Coast, Surfers Paradise, Byron Bay
Level Contributor
6,048 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: BBQ pits on beaches

1. There are gas BBQs in various parks around the entire Gold Coast. Not sure what a BBQ "pit" is but they are just free standing brick and stainless steel topped gas BBQs. They are generally undercover with seating nearby.

2. You do not have to book in advance, its first in first served. The Gas is supplied.

3. There are plenty of butchers and supermarkets in Surfers Paradise that sell marinated meat, paper plates and other BBQ items you need.

Surfers Paradise...
Destination Expert
for Gold Coast, Surfers Paradise, Byron Bay
Level Contributor
6,048 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: BBQ pits on beaches

Well, there you go Oscar. Shows how long its been since I have used a beach BBQ - they used to be gas lol

But I guess they are probably electric now.

4. Re: BBQ pits on beaches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 February 2014, 18:15