We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clean, reasonabily prices family apartment.

Which Gold Coast hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Havelock North NZ
8 posts
Save Topic
Clean, reasonabily prices family apartment.

Hi all

Family, made up of 2 adults and 2 kids (12&10) are coming over end Oct begining Nov for 7 nights. We are looking at Broadbeach or Burleigh Heads but are strugling to find a good 2bdrm apartment with kitchen that is clean and reasonably priced. Seems to be if you stay somewhere with a nice pool then the units are not very nice and clean! Help! We want a nice pool, clean, and not costing the earth. Looked into holiday homes and that seems to be hit and miss as well. Any recommendations?

Thanks

Adrienne

Australia
Level Contributor
4,089 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Clean, reasonabily prices family apartment.

What's your budget range per night? That will help in offering suggestions of apartments, as everyone has very different ideas of what's considered 'reasonable', as you can probably imagine!

Have you already looked at the top rating apartments under the 'Hotels' section and the 'Specialty Lodging' section as well (because quite a few apartments are normally listed in the 'Specialty Lodging' section instead)?

Good luck with your planning and have a GREAT time on the Gold Coast! :)

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,047 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Clean, reasonabily prices family apartment.

Have a look at www.wotif.com. You can't make a booking with them for October as yet but you should find something suitable there. There are places listed for August down to $100 a night.

Try and avoid the first week of October as its school hols in the Eastern states. Prices go up and availability goes down at that time.

Havelock North NZ
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Clean, reasonabily prices family apartment.

We are trying to look at ones around the $150 AUD a night. By the time we fly over it really starts to add up! (plus a lady's got to shop!)

I have looked through quite a few under the Specialty lodging and there are a few I like, but any recommendations are great.

Thanks Adrienne

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
283 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Clean, reasonabily prices family apartment.

Will you have a car? If you do, I can recommend the Tallebudgera Creek Caravan Park which has onsite cabins. We stayed there last year in a 3 bedroom waterfront which was a bit pricy but just lovely and very clean. I believe the 2 bedroom non-waterfront cabins sometimes go for as little as $150. The pool there is nice and it is right on the river, spectacular location. goldcoasttouristparks.com.au/park/tallebudge…

BUT there is not much to do/see/eat at within walking distance. It is about 5 minutes south of Burleigh Heads by car. So if you don't have a car I probably wouldn't recommend it. THe extra you spend on getting a car might be better spent on a higher priced apartment in Burleigh or Broadbeach.

I think you might struggle to find a 2 bedroom in these areas under $150 per night. Perhaps try a caravan park with onsite cabins in Burleigh Heads or Broadbeach?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,071 posts
1,390 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Clean, reasonabily prices family apartment.

Have a look on the merition website ONLY as they do have excellent deals on sometimes. We recently stayed & we only paid $150 for a 1 bedroom apartment however I did book months ahead.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,855 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Clean, reasonabily prices family apartment.

Agree with EM' s choice, subscribe to their website and they send out specials, very good value and nice appartments. My only complaint was the slow lifts especially at check out time, 15 mins to get from our floor to reception..... that was awhile back, they may have fixed it by now. Also have a look at Mantra Wings which is hal fway between Surfers and Broady. Wings pool is great.

Level Contributor
25 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Clean, reasonabily prices family apartment.

Hi I could not recommend Park Towers at Burleigh Heads more highly, unfortunately they don't have a pool but they are located right on the headland have amazing views of the beach and right up to Surfers Paradise. The units are clean, well equipped and easy walking distance to restaurants, shops etc. I have stayed there many times from weekends to two lovely holidays each of two weeks.

The resident managers Peter and Beth will look after you really well.

Burleigh is my favourite beach on the whole Gold Coast.

check out their website it gives great photos of the views, units etc. They are very reasonably priced.

Hope you enjoy your stay.

8. Re: Clean, reasonabily prices family apartment.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 21:41