We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

holiday house or apartment accommodation

Which Gold Coast hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
adelaide
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
holiday house or apartment accommodation

hi guys,

we're travelling to the gold coast in late may - early june for 2 weeks....just trying to work out accommodation for the family (2 adults, 2 kids 9 and 7)....the wife likes the idea of a house and i'm leaning toward an apartment, the price is pretty much the same either way at abt $200 a night....

we pretty much intend doing theme parks the whole time and going to the footy (afl)....flights are booked and car organised just trying to finalise accommodation...

was wondering if anyone on here had an opinion on which they prefer, hopefully from experience...

the house we're looking at has solar heated pool, is that going to be warm enough for swimming at the time we're looking to travel????

any comments appreciated....cheers

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
29,588 posts
1,284 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: holiday house or apartment accommodation

I can recommend the Meriton Apartments at Broadbeach - great for families ask for ocean view apartment only. If you book through their own website or just phone them you will get a fab rate.

adelaide
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: holiday house or apartment accommodation

cheers for the feedback...meriton apartments is certainly on the radar...i need a compelling argument if one exists to steer the bride away from getting a house...

melbourne
Level Contributor
6,726 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: holiday house or apartment accommodation

id say Coolangatta would suit your needs also,try Grand Mercure apartments,im sure youll get a good rate at that time for a 2 bedroom apartment,all with ocean view.better rates the longer you stay also.

Coolangatta is great for families with all you need,eateries,shops,great clean safely patrolled beaches,not too far to drive up to the theme parks,especially if you go through off peak traffic.

I cant give you a compelling argument for the apartments choice,just my personal pref,given their close proximity to all needed,right outside the front door, and on site management 24/7,secure carparking and 5 min drive from the airport,with no aircraft noise.

Oh and I love the fully enclosed with shutters balconies at these apartments,like another little room.

Australia
Level Contributor
4,089 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: holiday house or apartment accommodation

One plus for apartments like Meriton Broadbeach is that someone will give your room a clean each day ... not offered by a house (but not all apartments offer daily cleaning either)!

I can't think of other really compelling reasons, except I just like staying in modern apartments, and some houses aren't very new and flash.

Good luck with your planning and have a GREAT time on the Gold Coast! :)

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
80 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: holiday house or apartment accommodation

We always stay at Chevron renaissance apartments Surfers Paradise every year. A 2 x bedroom apartment with great views. best of all, they have a huge indoor pool, so even when it's cold, the kids can still swim.

Very central, with Coles supermarket & cafe's/restaurants downstairs. Infinity laser show also downstairs. One block away from Cavill Mall & 2 blocks from beach. Very central.

Regards,

Karen.

adelaide
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: holiday house or apartment accommodation

thanks for the feedback....

coolangatta looks nice lilyana but straight off their booking site appears quite expensive....maybe i should be looking to book closer to the time we leave....

meriton does look good and as i said is on the radar as with chevron renaissance....

cheers

7. Re: holiday house or apartment accommodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 November 2012, 21:20