We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mt Tambourine

S'pore
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Mt Tambourine

Hi

We plan to drive up to Mt Tambourine during our stay in GC. Can anyone advise what are the few "must-go" places around the area for kids? We only have about 3 to 4 hrs in the area. We are planning to visit the wineries, a cheese factory, glow-worm cave (is it worth a visit?). Is there anything else we should do there? Tks!

Surfers Paradise...
Destination Expert
for Gold Coast, Surfers Paradise, Byron Bay
Level Contributor
6,078 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mt Tambourine

With only 3-4 hours on Tamborine your itinery is pretty full already.

There is a cheese factory outlet at the MT brewery which is also worth a look.

Go for a walk along the main shopping area of "Gallery Walk".

I like the Glow Worm caves and I am sure your kids will also.

There are also a number of waterfalls and bush walks in the area.

S'pore
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Mt Tambourine

Thanks very much for your advice. We are planning to visit Witches Fall Winery and Cedar Creeks where the Glow Worm Cave is. Can you please tell me which is the Cheese Factory you are referring to? Are all these places near each other? And is Gallery Walk near the wineries too?

I read on the forum that one can go to Polish Place to feed wild lorikeets and Bearded Dragon for a free croc and dragon show. Can you please advise if theses places are also near the wineries we are visiting? I don't seem to be able to find them on the Mt Tambourine map.

Tks for your helpful advice!

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
Level Contributor
10,130 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mt Tambourine

Whilst up the mountain pop into the Distillery and try the Chocolates. They are to die for. They are not cheap around $A2.50 each but they are choc full of booze and will blow your socks off. Pun intended. Once one gets up the mountain it is very pleasant but it takes ages to get and then eons to get home. Make the most of your trip because having once done the mountain there is little reason to go back again.

S'pore
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Mt Tambourine

Tks heaps! Will do that.

5. Re: Mt Tambourine

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 April 2011, 15:41