We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sea World and Sea World Whale Watch

N0V
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
122 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Sea World and Sea World Whale Watch

Hi! Can I know how is the latest review on Sea World? It seems that SW gets quite a bad review due to their non-operating attractions. Is it worth visiting now?

I intend to do whale watch with Sea World. Any comments on this cruise? Is it better than the other whale watch company?

Thank you.

Surfers Paradise...
Destination Expert
for Gold Coast, Surfers Paradise, Byron Bay
Level Contributor
6,078 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sea World and Sea World Whale Watch

I think Seaworld is definately worth a visit and I have been there recently.

As for the whale watching tours I would say that they are one of the better operators on the coast although there are others.

Edited: 26 August 2010, 10:29
N0V
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
122 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sea World and Sea World Whale Watch

Hi Beach8um.

Thank you for your reply.

What is your recommendation tours for whale watching? I saw SW has a combo ticket on the entrance & whale watching and was thinking for convenient sake. I'll opt for a better tours if there is any :)

Edited: 26 August 2010, 17:01
Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
Level Contributor
10,130 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sea World and Sea World Whale Watch

Tall ships cruises and their whale watch brothers have a special whereby you go whale watching in the morning, then dropped off at Stradbroke Island for lunch and return to Surfers by sailing ship. The cost is not much more than a whalewatch tour but you are out for the whole day.

Their website is:

http://www.tallship.com.au/.

Its an alternative to Seaworld.

Edited: 26 August 2010, 17:17
Gold Coast
Level Contributor
532 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sea World and Sea World Whale Watch

Had friends do the Sea World Whale tour 2 weeks ago - they were amazed...

I'd agree with Beach8um Seaworld is defnitely worth a visit.....

N0V
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
122 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sea World and Sea World Whale Watch

hi all!

Thank you for your comments. I'll look forward to the Sea World & their Whale Watch cruise :)

Brisbane, Australia
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Sea World and Sea World Whale Watch

I agree, the Sea World Whale Watching boat would be the best trip to go on for whale watching. The boat is fantastic, specially designed for whale watching and it is in pristine condition, I felt really safe. The staff are great and the tour we went on was professionally presented and educational. We are going to go out again in 3 weeks when the mothers and calves will be coming south. I checked out the other boats doing whale watching on the Gold Coast and Sea World Whale Watch was by far the best vessel, which meant I felt safe out on the ocean.

Highly recommend the experience. First class!

7. Re: Sea World and Sea World Whale Watch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2011, 18:25