We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Discount booklet from car rental companies, eg Avis, Thrifty

Which Gold Coast hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
Level Contributor
123 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Discount booklet from car rental companies, eg Avis, Thrifty

Hi,

Would like to know if anyone got a discount booklet when you rent a car from them? Understand that they will give a discount booklet where you can get 1 for 1 theme park tickets. What are the terms and conditions and will I be able to buy more than 1 ticket using the coupon? Need to decide whether to book the tickets online or use the vouchers to buy when I am at the theme park.

Thanks in advance!

melbourne
Level Contributor
6,751 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Discount booklet from car rental companies, eg Avis, Thrifty

phone them or email and ask them their current policies etc.......

Singapore
Level Contributor
48 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Discount booklet from car rental companies, eg Avis, Thrifty

Hi SFWong,

I have the same question in mind. We are travelling to Surfers Paradise next weekend and renting a car from either Hertz or Avis. Did you manage to find out if the 1-for-1 offer is still applicable?

Thank you.

Singapore
Level Contributor
123 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Discount booklet from car rental companies, eg Avis, Thrifty

Hi princessann,

I only know that Thrifty give out the discount booklet that includes Movieworld and Seaworld. Avis and Hertz website did not state anything about the discount book. Anyway, I have already bought the Dreamworld tickets at A$30 each. We have booked the car from Thrifty and will use the Movieworld and Seaworld discount coupons.

Cheers!

Singapore
Level Contributor
48 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Discount booklet from car rental companies, eg Avis, Thrifty

Thanks SFWong, you seem to be fully prepared for your trip! Have a great time!

Singapore
Level Contributor
48 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Discount booklet from car rental companies, eg Avis, Thrifty

SFWong, are you allowed to use the thrify discount coupons twice at both movie world and seaworld? or you can only use the coupon once?

Singapore
Level Contributor
48 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Discount booklet from car rental companies, eg Avis, Thrifty

Hi SFWong,

I surveyed the Thrifty website but I can't find any mention of the theme park discount coupons. How did you know about the offers?

I compared the car rental rates of Thrifty, Hertz and Avis, all are pretty similar. Can you share with me why you chosed Thrifty over the others?

Thanks a lot for sharing !

NZ
Level Contributor
69 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Discount booklet from car rental companies, eg Avis, Thrifty

Hi there,

I took my husband and family to all theme parks last year. I had pre-purchased my tickets over the internet. When we arrived at the parks it was evident that the tickets were much cheaper when you turn up on the day. Also bare in mind that if you go to Dreamworld, than that is also an entrance into Whitewater world so take your swimming gear. White water world is 10x better than wet n wild which is on the three day pass for Movieworld and Seaworld.

I recommend going to Dreamworld & White water world, and than purchasing a 2 day pass to see Movie world an Seaworld.

Hope this helps.

P.

KL
Level Contributor
18 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Discount booklet from car rental companies, eg Avis, Thrifty

Just came back frm GC last month. Hired car frm Thrifty th'ru economycar rentals.com (offer me a better rate instead of direct booking vf Thrifty - Paid EUR38.28 (down payment) + AUD310.10 for my 7 days rental incl. baby car seat, extra driver and full insuran). A discourt / offer booklet given. 50% off coupon for 3 theme parks (Seaworld, Movie world & Wild&wet). you can find 1 coupon for each theme park and each coupon can purchase up to 6 tickets. There r many others coupons inside d booklet. If you are not going there in peak season pre-book th'ru internet r not necessary. I bought my Dream World tickets at the entrance vf normal price and they informed me that i can visit both Dream World & White Water Park unlimited for 3 days. Wat a great bonus!

Singapore
Level Contributor
123 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Discount booklet from car rental companies, eg Avis, Thrifty

Hi AkaiChong,

Wow, thanks for these great information. I thought we can only purchase 1 ticket with each coupon. Did not know that we can buy up to 6 tickets! So did you use the coupons to buy the tickets or you bought the summer pass?

I booked thru thrifty's website for 7 days rental, drop off at Brisbane airport and the cost is around A$310.

KL
Level Contributor
18 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Discount booklet from car rental companies, eg Avis, Thrifty

Hi, SFWong,

FYI, I purchased all my tickets at the entrance and make full used of the coupons. Btw, i did print out a lot discourt vouchers (attraction & dining) from website and u know wat all of them r accepted. Tis saved me a lot of money. Check tis out:

yourcoast.com.au

www.whypayfullprice.com.au

www.coupongold.com.au

Hope u have a wonderful holidays in GC as i did.

Edited: 10 June 2010, 20:08