We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus or train from Brisbane airport to Coolangatta?

Which Gold Coast hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Huizen, The...
Level Contributor
344 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Bus or train from Brisbane airport to Coolangatta?

Hi every-one,

I shall (unfortunately) need to take public transport from Brisbane International Airport to Coolangatta. I arrive at 6.30AM and am wondering shall I take one of the buses or the Airtrain (with taxi transfer) to Coolangatta. I do not know how the traffic is in the morning from Brisbane to the Gold Coast. Also if the traffic is ok would it be better anyway to take the train?

I have taken the train before (I only remember it took AGES... was very jetlagged..so know what it is like but have not travelled with the bus before.

Thanks for the help.

Surfers Paradise...
Destination Expert
for Gold Coast, Surfers Paradise, Byron Bay
Level Contributor
5,996 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus or train from Brisbane airport to Coolangatta?

I agree. Public transport between Brisbane and the Gold Coast can be painful. But I guess that is true of public transport anywhere after a long flight!

Not sure about the buses, but if you don't want to hire a car - then jump on the Airtrain and catch it to Robina Station.

http://www.airtrain.com.au/

From there, I'm pretty sure a bus will meet you and take the passengers wherever.

There are much less people commuting from Brisbane to the Gold Coast, than the opposite way.

Good Luck!

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
Level Contributor
10,020 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus or train from Brisbane airport to Coolangatta?

I would take the airtrain to Robina and then catch the surfside bus through to Coolangatta/ Tweed Heads.

If you do a search of the Surfside buslines website you will get the connecting bus timetable. The train is so smooth and peaceful you dont realise you are taking 90 mins to get down to the coast. A cab from Robina is approx $50, we had to use it a few weeks ago as the train arrived after the last direct bus had gone.

3. Re: Bus or train from Brisbane airport to Coolangatta?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 January 2010, 17:18